"With Lucifer beneath you, and God above, when either one of them asks you what you're living of...say love." -The Avett Brothers
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
To My Son
Dear Baby Boy,
You are coming so soon, and we are so very excited! On Monday night your Daddy took me out on a special surprise date. One last chance to get out just the two (and a half) of us, before you come and change our world forever. We had such a wonderful time. He took me on a carriage ride around temple square to see the Christmas lights. It was cold, and short, and romantic. It made you fall fast asleep. Then we walked around temple square for a while...but not too long, because walking while you are in my tummy is pretty uncomfortable. I love temple square. Did you know that is where our little family began? It is where we became an eternal family! I love to go there because it reminds me that you and your sister and Daddy and I get to be a family forever. It's a pretty good deal!
Then we went to the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial building and had dinner at the roof. That was your favorite part of the night. You must have loved the food I ate, because you were moving and kicking like a monkey. Your daddy and I took our time, and in between our courses we talked about you. How excited we are for you to come, how we think your sister is going to love you, how we hope everything goes well during your delivery, and our hopes and dreams for your health and happiness.
And here is a little secret, baby. I ate so much food that your daddy almost had to roll me to the car! Like Violet from Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory! Except I didn't turn purple. You will know what I'm talking about some day.
As we were driving home, I was filled with more than just food. I was filled with love. Love for you, and for your special sister, and most of all for your daddy. And the thought came to me, that even though life is very hard sometimes, and we have to go through trials and other things that we just don't want to do...there is never a shortage of love. Isn't that the greatest gift, baby?
And so, that is what I want you to know. No matter what...just remember that there is always more than enough love to make everything ok. Love from me and your dad, and your sister, and our crazy dog Stella. Abundant love from your grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. And especially love from your Heavenly Father.
I'm not worried about you baby. Because I know this beautiful, crazy, special family that you are joining. And you are going to be so happy here.
And I'm not worried about the type of man you will be someday...because I know your daddy. And he is the best there is.
Labels:
Baby #2,
Because I don't want to forget,
Journal,
Love,
Matty and Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
like.
Love this! Thanks for making me want to bawl m eyes out!!! And you forgot to put lots of live from mommy's friends! Can't wait to meet you sweet baby!
Ahh, so sweet! Such a lovely post.
just blubbering..that's all. You are amazing Meg! this baby (and of course aubrey) are so luck to have you and matt as parents :)
Megan, I'm not a crier, but you just made me cry. Thanks for loving my brother and I can't wait to meet and love Baby Boy.
This is so sweet! Your baby is coming to a very happy home... that is one lucky baby!
Post a Comment