Matt is at the BYU football game with his brother, Aubrey is fast asleep, Stella is snoring loudly in the corner, and baby brother is kicking so hard that it hurts. What better time than this to sit down and blog, right?
Except when I started to think about what I could possibly write about the last two weeks, the only word I could come up with was "puke". And who wants to read a blog post about that? Not you! Not even me!
Well, the last time I wrote, I chronicled the nasty stomach bug that made it's way through our house. But it turns out that it never really went away. Everything cleared up for Matt and I, thank goodness, but Aubrey was sick on and off for 17 days. 17 DAYS, Y'ALL! Oh man, it has been rough. It will last for a day or two, and then she will be completely fine for 3 or 4 days, and then all of a sudden...BAM. Back again with a vengeance. She even went for a stretch of 6 days where she was completely fine, went to school, etc. Then it came back. Again. And I cried a lot.
Because, having a child with the stomach flu is super hard. Having a completely non-verbal child with the stomach flu...while 8 months pregnant? WAY HARDER! And poor, poor Aubrey. She has been through the ringer! She missed her last two horse back riding lessons, has lost a lot of weight, and has spent way too much time drinking pedialyte in front of the t.v. Not to mention that she could never tell us exactly how she was feeling. We did finally take her to the doctor, because my mother heart kept telling me that something else had to be going on. They've run some tests, but nothing has come back yet. She hasn't been sick for a few days though, and we have made some serious restrictions to her diet for the time being, and started her on some pro-biotics. So hopefully, it is over.
Please. Please let it be over.
So, my grand plans to get all my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving so I could spend the rest of December getting ready for the baby? Ha! So funny.
So to combat the totally crap-tastic month that November has been, and the equally crap-tastic mood I've been in, I thought I should make a gratitude list. You know, since it's almost Thanksgiving and all. Here goes.
I am Thankful for:
-Matt and his willingness to help whenever and however he can. He is the best man I know.
-My mom who calls and checks on us everyday, and let's me bawl my guts out on numerous occasions, even though she has serious stress of her own.
-Matt's Mom and Dad, who watched Aubrey so we could go on a date last night. Man, we needed that.
-Aubrey's sweet disposition, despite her challenges and illness.
-Stella. She is such a good girl, and so much a part of our family that I can't remember what life was like without her.
-Baby brother. Despite all the hard things we've been going through lately, he is a constant source of joy to me. I feel him kick and squirm and move all day long, and I never forget what a blessing he is. We are SO excited for his arrival!
-A warm comfortable home, and reliable cars.
-Good Health Insurance!
-My washer and dryer. I've used them so much lately that I'm surprised the Salt Lake valley hasn't sun out of water.
-Kind and thoughtful text messages from friends and neighbors.
-The beautiful snow we got last night. It was so magical.
-Matt's sexy beard.
-My big bath tub, and hypnobirthing tracks. Who knows if it will be helpful while I'm in labor...but it sure does help me relax now!
-Netflix and their endless supply of Sesame Street and Super Why episodes.
-Matt's nightly foot massages. Did I mention that I don't know a better man?
Well, I feel better already. There really is so so much to be thankful for. And hopefully (knock on wood, cross your fingers, and pray like crazy) the sickness will be over for good, and we can get on with enjoying the holiday season and getting ready for this baby. Have a happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment