I am in trouble, y'all. (Y'all? Where did that come from?)
I have about a month left of pregnancy, but I am done. So done. I went grocery shopping today, and when I finally got the groceries loaded, and hauled my huge behind into the car, I called Matt and declared that I was not going grocery shopping EVER again until I have this baby.
You see, the baby is sitting so low. Like right on top of my bladder. Like when I stand up he is gonna fall out of my who-ha. And it makes me waddle. There is no other way. And it feels like my pelvic bones are separating. And this baby is big. SO big! When I am upright for too long (i.e. walking through the isles of walmart) my back feels like it is going to give out.
By the time I got to the check out I realized that I had forgotten a few things, but OH WELL! Because Walmart is extra huge when you are 8 months pregnant, and there was no way I was going back. We'll just have to eat our pizza WITHOUT ANY DANG CHEESE! Then the cashier took his sweet time ringing up my groceries, and I wanted to yell at him "I AM ABOUT TO TIP OVER/PEE ALL OVER MYSELF!" But I didn't, because he was old...and because pregnant or not I generally try not to yell at strangers.
Then I waddled my cart to my car as fast as I could, and I could see people staring at me like "That lady is so pregnant she's gonna have her baby in the parking lot!" NOPE! Still a month to go, folks!
Then I got home, pulled into the garage, and almost started crying when I realized I still had to carry all the groceries into the house and put them all away. I know, I know...FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS.
Alright. I'm done complaining now. I just needed to get it out of my system.
Baby boy is still breech, from what I can tell. I'm pretty sure I feel his head way up at the top of my belly. He is still pretty active throughout the day. Sometimes if I haven't felt him move a lot in the evening, I tell Matt to talk to my belly...and sure enough he will start wiggling. He loves his daddy already!
I am pretty much done with all of my Christmas shopping, so it's time to start getting ready for this little guy. A friend from church is throwing me a shower tomorrow night, which should be super fun...and help me figure out what is left (if anything) to buy. This weekend we will be painting the nursery (and hopefully buying our Christmas tree). Then most of my preparation will be washing clothes, blankets, bedding, car seat, bouncy chair, etc. and sterilizing pacifiers, breast pump parts, and bottles. I also want to take a tour of the hospital and pre-register. I am getting so excited!
Our baby has a name. We call him by it all the time, and even use it when we pray for him. Which is so different from Aubrey, who went for 2 whole days after she was born without a name. Our families know, but other than that we are keeping it to ourselves until he is born. Just to make it special. And just in case we change our minds at the last second.
Despite all my discomfort and complaining, I am so happy that I can do this. I think about baby brother all the time. I wonder what he looks like, and what personality traits he will have. I daydream about holding him in my arms and sniffing his head. I imagine how Aubrey will love him. And what friends they will be someday. And it makes all the horribleness of pregnancy totally worth it!
2 comments:
Oh goodness, I know just how you feel. The last month of pregnancy is So. Hard. There is just no way around it, and I am so sorry for you. But you're so close! Hang in there! And as much as I wanted to punch people in the face when they said this, he really will be here before you know it! Good luck!
it was so fun to see you at Ikea today:) If i would've known...:) oh well- those little clothes will come to your way in no time:)
Oh i remember that pelvic pain pretty well. Pretty awfull! Hang in there, you are so close:) I'm excited for you.
Post a Comment