"With Lucifer beneath you, and God above, when either one of them asks you what you're living of...say love." -The Avett Brothers
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Back To School
Miss Aubrey started back to preschool today. It was a wonderful day! This year she seemed more than ready to go. To be honest, we were both more than ready. She is going three days a week this year, and she is riding the bus home from school. And judging from today's reactions, I think the year will be a great success. When I dropped Aubrey off at school, she ran right over to her teacher's aid, gave her a big hug, grabbed her hand, and promptly waved bye-bye to me. I was so proud of her!
Last year we attempted the bus for about a week before giving it up. Aubrey hated it, I was never comfortable with the bus driver, and I just thought 3 was too young to send my baby off on a school bus. But this year, I love the driver and now there is also an aid that rides the bus with the kids as well. I felt much more comfortable with the situation this time around. And with baby brother coming this winter, I thought having Aubrey take the bus would be a real help to me. So for now we are just having her ride the bus home from school to get used to it...and then in a month or so we will start letting her ride both ways.
I was really anxious to see how she would handle coming home on the bus, but she did great! The aid said that she never cried or whined, and when she came off the bus today she greeted me with a great big smile and a big hug. It was a huge success!
I am really going to do my best to enjoy this time I am going to have all to myself for the next few months. It may only be for a few hours a day, three times a week...but after the baby is born that free time won't exist anymore. Which is exactly the way it is supposed to be. But for now, I'm going to take advantage of it. Today I celebrated my free time by doing a little child free shopping, and reading a book. In the future I plan to use the time to go to the gym, take Stella for a walk, do my visiting teaching, stroll through the library, shop for little boy things (squeal!), and get my Christmas shopping done.
All in all, it was a wonderful start to a new school year...and I hope we have many more great days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome! I'm so glad she had a great first day, and that she did so well riding the bus home! I'm surprised they didn't have an aide last year. My dad was a school bus driver, and drove a special ed route. He was required to have an aide with him...Enjoy your free time, and live it up! Can't wait to see all the cute boys stuff you end up with!!
Ah, you deserve the free time... live it up! If you ever want to go walking with us, I want to go every day now that the weather is starting to cool down. Let me know!
Post a Comment