Thursday, August 25, 2011

Making Room

 The wall color isn't very accurate in this photo because the overhead lights were on...but you get the picture. 

 Even if you can't tell from these photos, it really is the perfect grey/blue color...and I am SO happy with the outcome.

Ever since we found out that baby number 2 is of the male persuasion, I have been in a mad frenzy to finish projects and make room in our small home for him.  The day we had the ultrasound I started cleaning out closets, pulling out storage totes full of girl clothes, making piles to send to D.I., and just organizing in general.  All of a sudden, I felt like there was so much to do, and I didn't want to wait until the last minute.

So Matt tackled the large job of painting the master bedroom.  And with his dad's help and a couple of late nights, it is done and looks so lovely.  I searched for the perfect grey/blue color for months...and I could not be more happy with the way it turned out.

Now we are in the process of switching Aubrey to a different room...and making some finishing touches to her decor.  She got a new mattress, bedding, and chair.  The computer desk has found a new home in our Master bedroom.  I was dreading this, but we had the perfect place for it...and our room still feels like a calm inviting place to be.

Once that is done, we will begin making baby brother's room ready for him.

I think part of the urgency I feel, isn't just about making room for the new baby in our home.  I feel urgency to make room for him in our lives.  Aubrey is such a demanding child, and requires so much of my time, focus, attention, patience, and thought.  Sometimes I worry that this boy is going to have to fight for his place in our crazy little family. 

And sometimes when I am busy organizing, rearranging, and preparing for him in a physical way...I can feel myself sending little vibes into my womb.  Vibes that say "Don't worry little one.  There is room for you here.  Plenty of room.  I will make sure of it."  And despite the busy work of making our home ready, I am making my heart ready too.  Ready to grow and contain more.

It is hard to describe the way it feels to fall in love with someone you haven't met yet.  But with every little kick and nudge, I am reminded that he is already mine.  Ours.  And I am so happy to make room for him.

2 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Megan I had to laugh because I did the very thing you did! Today after my ultrasound I started going crazy cleaning out the garage and back patio. Taylor is so sick of me today! Ha ha! So funny.

Ashley said...

I love the color!!!!!
I don't think this little boy is going to have a hard time at all fitting into your family.