Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Christmas Time


We has a wonderful Christmas this year.  I'm sad that it is over, but definitely looking forward to all that the new year has to offer.  Here are some of the highlights from our Christmas.

Charlie and I spent a lot of time making cracker toffee (i.e. Christmas Crack) for neighbors, friends, and Matt's co-workers.  But let's be real...Charlie was just in it to lick the spoon.


 Of course we had the annual N family Christmas pajama party, complete with dinner, gingerbread decorating, pajamas, pictures, musical performances, and the reading of the nativity.



The Saturday before Christmas my parents and my brother Matthew came to our house for a pre-christmas dinner, present opening, and carol singing.  It was such a lovely evening.


We are always so happy when Uncle Matt comes to town!  My kids adore him, we adore him, and it doesn't hurt that he spoils us rotten.:)
 Uncle Matt bought Aubrey a helium balloon kit for Christmas...and it was a huge hit!  She loves balloons so much.

On Christmas eve we had a yummy festive dinner at Matt's sister Joy's home, but I don't have any pictures of that.

 Christmas day was so great.  The kiddos were super excited to see all that Santa had brought.  Aubrey loves her new indoor swing, Charlie is obsessed with Buzz Lightyear, Matt surprised me with the record player I've always wanted, Matt got lots of running gear, and to top it all off...it finally snowed!  We ate a yummy breakfast of sweet rolls and breakfast casserole, stayed in jammies for most of the day, and spent a good portion of the afternoon playing in the fresh snow.  It really could not have been more perfect.



Later that evening we headed to my parents house to have Christmas dinner with them, and both my brothers Matthew, and Jake+family.  I also managed not to get any pictures that night, but I know my brother got some epic photos...so maybe I'll share those later.

I hope you all had a very merry Christmas!



1 comment:

Bea said...

I had a dream last night and you were in it Megan:) Not sure what it was about but i woke up and i wished we were closer friends! I always love your posts and i think you are an incredible, spiritual, fun and wonderful woman!
Thank you for your good example~