Monday, September 16, 2013

The Little Things



Tonight I made homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner.  It has been feeling so much like fall.  I've had the windows open in the mornings, and it gets downright cold.  I mean, we've been wearing socks for heavens sake.  Socks, and soup for dinner pretty much makes it official.  Summer is over.

Tonight we took the kids on a bike ride around the neighborhood.  We stopped at the park and pushed them on swings.  We rode to the canal and fed the ducks.  Charlie was is heaven.  He walked up and down the canal going "quack, quack, quack" like he was conversing with long lost friends.  Aubrey was confused when the bread ran out, and started throwing pebbles at the ducks.  Pretty hilarious.

The kids have colds.  'Tis the season for that, too!

We noticed that Cooper was starting to be more naughty than usual lately, and we realized that we've been slacking on exercising him.  His breed needs a ton of exercise, especially as a puppy.  For a while we were good.  Matt walked him every morning before he went to work, and I would play catch with him in the yard during the day, and walk him at night when the kids went to bed.  And he was a good boy.  Then we slacked, and it really showed in his behavior.  But Matt started running him in the morning, hiking with him on weekends, and I'm walking him in the evenings...and sure enough he is back to his angel ways.  This dog is going to keep us active.

This weekend is the autumn equinox, and we will be having our annual family celebration.  The following weekend my Momma and I are going away together for the weekend.  In October Matt and I are taking a road trip to Boise to see The Avett Brothers.  Lots to look forward to!

I got a wicked deal on KSL for some lovely leather arm chairs, and now I am in love with my front room.  It feels so good in there.  Then I sold our treadmill because it was never getting used (and why would it with all the walking we have to do with Cooper), and now our family room feels so good.

Tonight is Charlie's first night without the binkie.  I feel like the meanest mom on the planet when I walk in his room and he whispers "Bink? Bink?" and I have to tell him no.  But he chewed one up, and then another one, and another one.  When he chewed up the last one I decided that was it.  No more binks.  His dentist will thank me.

I bought the kids Halloween costumes.  Hooray for not waiting till the last minute!  Hooray for good deals!

Aside from breaking out with zits on my chin, I'm a happy girl.

No comments: