"With Lucifer beneath you, and God above, when either one of them asks you what you're living of...say love." -The Avett Brothers
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Little Bits of Life
-I am chomping at the bit to get on an airplane. It doesn't even matter where the airplane lands. I just want to go. I need an adventure. Preferably an adventure near the sea. I will be heading to Seattle in a couple of months, hopefully that will do the trick.
-I have very slowly been weaning Charlie. He is 15 months old. I never would have thought that I would nurse this long...long enough for him to be at the point where he can ask for it. Aubrey weaned herself when she was 9 months old, so I have never done this before. He seems ready. But am I? I'm not sure we'll have another baby, so this might be it? It's hard to let go.
-Speaking of nursing. Charlie is down to 2 times a day. But I have still been eating like he nurses 8 times a day. Which equals me weighing more than I ever have in a non-pregnant/postpartum state. I feel so disgusting. So I am on a diet. (I know, eye roll) Basically, I'm not eating any white carbs or refined sugar. And smaller portions. I'm hoping that coupled with at least 2 miles on the treadmill every day will do the trick. (P.S. I get one cheat day a week)
-Matt is finishing up his current project at work. For the last 3 years his company has been building the college of Pharmacy at the University of Utah. The building is incredible. Very state of the art. I'm really proud of the work he has done there. It hasn't been an easy project, and he is quite relieved to have it be over. I will post some pictures soon. Jacobsen has just assigned him to a new project, and he'll be the project engineer for the building of the DoTerra Essential Oils campus in Pleasant Grove. He's very excited for a new project and a shorter commute.
-I've been listening to This American Life while I'm on the treadmill. Really, what has taken me so long? Matt has been listening to that show for years. Now I'm obsessed. Who needs up beat music to work out? Just give me Ira Glass talking about the public schools in Chicago, and I am set.
-Aubrey has her first loose tooth. My girl is growing up. It has been making her drool more than usual and have a harder time eating. She constantly has her fingers in her mouth. I'm certain that one day it will just come out while she's eating or something. I hope it isn't traumatic for her. We talk to her about it, but she has no idea what's going on. It's so strange to watch her little body growing and changing so fast, while her mind and personality are seemingly frozen at such a young age. I wish I could freeze time for her body too.
-I have found a few new songs that I am loving. Here. Here. And here. New music makes me seriously happy. Do you have any suggestions for me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love talk radio. Every time I am in the car I listen to KUER. It makes me feel like I'm not so disconnected from the world. I should start listening to it while I run.
I really didn't enjoy nursing my first baby at all, and it wasn't until he was 14 months old and I was weaning him that I felt like I would really miss it.
Have fun on your trip!
Post a Comment