Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Confession and an Invitation

So, remember how it took me a year and a half, fertility drugs, and a miscarriage to get pregnant with Charlie?  Yeah, me too.  

Anyway.  During that time I found it incredibly difficult to read other peoples blogs.  It was just so painful to watch other people get pregnant, show pictures of their cute pregnant bellies or talk about their big families.  It was also really hard for me to read blogs without feeling sad about the kinds of things people were doing with their kids that I have never been able to do with Aubrey.  (To be honest, sometimes that is still hard.  But I'm mostly over that.)

It was a hard time.  A tough place to be in.

So, basically I stopped reading blogs.  There were a select few, very close friends that I read occasionally because I wanted to stay connected.  But for the most part, I deleted my links.  It was really healthy for me.

Slowly over time I've started reading again.  Hi!  I'm back!

One thing that happened as a result of my blog reading hiatus, is that I stopped leaving comments on peoples blogs.  And now that I'm reading again...I'm out of the habit.  And if I haven't commented on someone's blog in like, a year, and I all of a sudden do...is that weird?  Do you think I'm a stalker?

Hey, and guess what else?  I don't get very many comments on my blog anymore either.  I totally get it.  But guys, I miss you!  Are you there?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Let's be friends again, blogging world.  Ok?

P.S.  If you have a private blog, can you send me another invite? 

15 comments:

Bea said...

Dear Megan,

I still read your blog every time I see you posted something new. I'm sorry I haven't been commenting too often:) I totally understand all you wrote and even though we don't live close by or you might not reading my blog I still love reading yours:) So keep the posts coming:)

Matt Armstrong said...

I almost never comment even though I read every post. (Sometimes I feel a little like I'm intruding...). I haven't written much in my blog either. I've been so intent on writing in my journal every night (haven't missed a night in 10 weeks!) that I don't want to bother writing blog posts. But I think there are some things I've got a-brewing that are going to need to be said on the interwebs.

But I read. And I'll try to comment more!

Kristin Hanson said...

I turned into a blurker when we got an ipad. Blogger and our ipad dont play nice. I read all your posts, though! Send me a line on fb if you want an invite to my blog. Im not sure I have your email.

whitney said...

I don't blame you a bit for opting out on blog reading. Sometimes things are salt on open wounds. Feel free to stop by mine sometimes, commenting or not (no, I wouldn't think you were weird if you randomly comment ;). Glad you're in a happier place now :)

Melanie said...

Welcome back! Blogs can be inspiration or poison- no fault in backing away from them when needed. I always love peeking in on your beautiful family!

Mrs. S said...

I read blogs but stink at commenting. Oh yeah, I totally stink at blogging too!

Tricia said...

I read your blog, I too don't post often.

I enjoy your uplifting spirit. Keith and I tried fertility drugs and such and were unable to have children. But the Lord blesses us in many ways. I get to serve in Primary and have 40 kids every Sunday.

Erica said...

Love that you made this post. I think we all feel the same way sometimes so I totally understand any reason for backing away.

Sometimes it's hard on blogs to show real life. Everything always looks fun and exciting and whatnot and for me at least I struggle to find a way to share all the other stuff. Like how I haven't showered in three days, don't want to play on the ground with my kids, and ate half a carton of ice cream earlier that day.

Social media for me sometimes can just make me feel crappy - so often times I try and back away for my own mental health ;)

I however have continued reading each and every one of your posts :) I'll try to comment more!

Rachael said...

I love reading your posts. It's been really neat to watch your growth through the incredible challenges you've faced over the past years, and I admire so much the grace and dignity with which you've met those challenges. I've learned a lot from you. :-)

Nilla said...

I still love to blog-stalk your blog. I mostly haven't left many comments, because I wonder how creepy it is that we've never met and yet I enjoy the openness and honesty of your blog -- and so I keep reading. But I completely understand missing getting comments. I feel the same way -- almost like it's validating (well, that part is how I feel about it). Thanks for continuing to blog. You show forth such a strength in your writing and I admire you, even without really knowing you.

Hoenes Family said...

Haha! Megora how I love you. If it makes you feel any better, I don't keep on blogs how I used to either. I am a faithful reader of yours, but only ever comment once in a while as you well know! I will send you another invite, can you message me a private message on facebook or something with the address you would like the invite sent to?

Jill said...

Love it! I think we've all gotten into such a rush of checking blogs, and going to the next one without commenting...I know I'm super guilty. And I usually only end up getting 1-2 comments on my posts. Oh well....remember when I put on my blog that due to lack of comments on mine, I would be on a commenting hiatus from others....so funny! Anyway, leave me one, and I'll leave you one?

Katherine Ronachert said...

I still check on occasion. I blame the iphone as death of commentation (I just made up that word).
I enjoy your realness and desperately wish at times to be more like that... but then, I guess that's not really me... maybe someday though.

Erin_C said...

I took a huge break from reading blogs after having Carly because I felt like such a loser mom . . . I wasn't doing it as hip or as beautifully as everyone else, and it was dragging me down. I still don't do it very beautifully, but I'm over it, too :)I love your blog (and your inta . . . I think instagram is killing the blogging star! haha).

Rachel said...

I tried to send you another invite to my blog, but I'm not exactly sure if it worked. I'm pretty sure you are already invited, so here is the link just in case.
www.mcraecollective.blogspot.com