Monday, March 25, 2013

Life Is Good








Life is good these days.

Spring showed it's face for a couple of weeks.  It was heaven.  We were out in the back yard every day during that dreadful last hour before dad gets home from work.  (Does this happen to anyone else?  Almost every day, my children become impossibly cranky about an hour before Matt is going to be home.  It's almost like they are trying to drain every last bit of sanity out of me before they turn on their charm for daddy.  But I digress.)

We were outside without coats, had windows open, and Charlie and I went on many walks while Aubs was at school.  I even took a few trips to home depot, making mental plans for flower beds and happy paint colors for our bathrooms.

Then it snowed.  But it's ok, I know how spring works.  And it's almost all melted again.

But spring really is a season of hope.  There is a light at the end of the dreary winter tunnel!  And this spring has felt like a weight lifted off of my shoulders.  The older I get, the more I realize the importance of breathing fresh air and feeling the sun on my face.  It does something for my soul that nothing else can.

Things to look forward to:

-A trip by myself to Seattle to visit my brother.
-New patio furniture to be delivered soon
-Planting flowers
-Our first little family vacation to Bear Lake
-Starting Aubrey's horse therapy again
-Longer days
-Sunshine


No comments: