Thursday, December 6, 2012

Good Days

I sat down to write...hoping that something interesting would come to mind.  But all I really want to say is that today was a good day.

Aubrey has been awfully affectionate lately, which is nice.  She has been giving me a lot of hugs and kisses.  Sloppy kisses, because she has been sick and therefore drooly and snotty.  But I don't mind.  She comes up and kisses me on the cheek, and then giggles like crazy.  Like she did the funniest thing.  Other times she tackles me to the floor, wraps her legs around me, and gives me the biggest, sqeeziest (that's a real word...) hug.   We could do this all day.

Charlie is so much fun.  Sometimes I cannot believe how much fun we have.  He is so busy, and curious, and funny.  He empties cupboards and drawers, splashes in the dog's water dish, blows kisses to Aubrey's bus driver, and climbs everything.  He is my favorite little shopping buddy.  My favorite times are when we go out and run errands together while sister is at school.  He is so happy wherever we go.  And he has started pointing at things.  More like...lifting his arm, palm up, in the direction of something and going "eh?"  It kills me dead.  There cannot be anything cuter than a baby learning.

Christmas is in full force around these parts.  We picked out our tree on Monday, and decorated Tuesday night.  Our house smells so good.  While Matt and I were hanging the last of the ornaments, I asked him if he thought we should ever have a fancy tree with posh decorations.  He said "Those kind of Christmas trees are nice and everything, but I like our tree because it tells a story".  And that is the man I married.  A hard hat wearing, football watching, construction dude who gets sentimental about Christmas ornaments.  Jackpot!

There have been a lot of little things that have made me smile today.  Teaching Aubrey how to play hide and seek (FYI she always has to be the seeker).  Getting the Christmas cards addressed.  Cutting out paper snowflakes to hang on the back door while we listen to the Pandora Christmas channel.  Running out of deodorant, then using a swipe of Matt's, and smiling every time I get a whiff of myself because I smell like him:-)

It was a good day.


1 comment:

whitney said...

I don't know how I've managed to miss so many of your recent posts! I feel much better now that I'm all caught up :)

I don't know if it's an age thing or what but it seems like all I want to do is stay home to watch downton abbey/read/eat candy/stare at the computer lately too. It just seems that lately being social takes so darn much effort. I like your sassiness, though, and I'm super-glad that you bought that fabulous yellow coat :)

Love the photo dump! It made me smile so darn many times. You have 2 of the most beautiful children in the world. They are just gorgeous.

I'm glad that you had a good day. Thank heavens for those kinds of days. They keep me going.