Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Miss Understood

I'm all out of sorts.  Do you ever have days (weeks, months) like that?  Ugh.

Lately I've felt so misunderstood.  Everywhere I go I feel like I don't fit in.  Like the way I think and feel is so different than the way everyone else thinks and feels. 

Socially, I feel like I've lost my groove.  Once upon a time, I used to be the life of the party.  And these days I just feel like sitting in a corner and watching.  Why is it so hard to make new friends?

Not that it really matters.  Most days I would rather sit at home and watch Downton Abbey than go be around people.  Typing that was sad.

At church if I make a comment in Sunday school, it feels like it's going against the grain.  And then when I'm done I sit and wonder...did anyone understand what I was trying to say?

I'm just trying to be myself.  My honest to goodness, truest self.  It feels hard sometimes.

Matt likes me the way I am, is what he says.  He likes that I am a little sassy, a little contrary, a little liberal, and different.  Bless him.

A few weeks ago I sent him a text with this picture...
 Me:  What do we you think of this yellow coat?
Matt:  It's bold, but it's sassy

So naturally, I bought it.

4 comments:

Kelly E. said...

I LOVE you just the way you are! I miss you guys!

Matt Armstrong said...

First, I love that coat on you.

Second, you're looking very skinny in that picture. I hate you.

Third, *HUGS*. I love you just the way you are too. I get you. (Or, at least I try to.)

Next summer can't get here soon enough.

beapinkal said...

Megan!

I think you are a sweetm funny and incredible person! I know you are funny and cute- i remember our laugh on that very first girls noght out back in the good ol' 85th ward. I still remember how much we laughed as i tried to sit in the middle in your car. Or whos car was that? Anyway- if you would love closer we could hang out often. It would be fun! I think you are wonderful and I love you the way you are!!!!

beapinkal said...

oh and PS. that coat looks good on you!