Thursday, September 13, 2012

Life Is Good


Fall is coming.  I feel it in the air.  When I wake up in the morning, the house is COLD, and it is several hours before the air kicks on.  Last night while we were playing outside after dinner, Charlie's toes and fingers were cold.  He needed socks!  Gone is the stifling heat of summer.  I can't tell you how happy this makes me.  I'm already planning our Autumn Equinox celebration, and dinner parties involving soup.

School is going fantastically well for Aubrey.  She comes home everyday with a huge smile on her face, completely exhausted.  And she is huge.  Lately I've been hugging her and kissing her extra long...and I cannot believe what a big girl she is.

Charlie is a mad man.  He cannot be contained.  He is here, there and everywhere.  I love it.   Diaper changes are nearly impossible.  The kid does not stop moving.  He is so much fun.  He is so generous with his smiles.  He babbles a lot.  My favorite is when he takes a break from nursing, looks me in the eyes and says "ba da bla ba da!"  I imagine him saying things like "Did you eat Indian food last night?  Lay of the curry, lady!"

The new Avett Brothers album came out 2 days ago.  We listen to it in the car and while we make dinner.  Last night after the kids went to bed, Matt and I painted another coat on the stair rail while we listened to it.  And we talked and talked.  It is amazing how doing something to mindless and tedious with your hands can make you so free for communicating.  I learned that Matt wants to get a guitar.  He already knows how to play a little (did you know...Matt can do everything), but wants to learn more.  I support this endeavor  wholeheartedly.

Matt is getting ready for the yearly Grand Canyon hike.  I am so green with envy, I can taste it.  I want to go so bad.  Maybe next year, when I'm not breastfeeding anymore.  He will have a great time, just like always.  It will be my first time being alone in this house over night.  I hope I will be able to sleep!

Last week I killed a snake in our back yard.  With a shovel.  I hesitate to offend any readers that mat be lovers of all life...but I cannot abide snakes in my yard.  My babies sit on that grass.  So I hurried the kids inside, and chopped that sucker in half with a shovel.  Then I got a case of heebeejeebees so bad I needed to take a shower.  I made Matt take care of the remains when he got home.  I mean, a girl can only do so much.

1 comment:

whitney said...

Mmmm, love this post. I love seeing little snippets of life :)