Matt is really really good at his job, and I'm so proud of him. (He recently got a raise, so apparently he is appreciated by his superiors as well!) Anyway, it was fun to show Aubrey where Daddy goes when he leaves the house every morning. And she had fun wearing a hard hat and safety goggles. Afterwards we took the kids out for lunch at Red Robin. Unfortunately I didn't think to take any pictures of the outing.
Saturday we went to the zoo. Aside from being a bit crowded, we had a nice time. The weather was perfect, cloudy and light sprinkles here and there. The new exhibit with the polar bears, seals, and otters was really cool! Aubrey only lasted so long before we had to take Charlie out of the stroller, and put her in...but that was ok. Next time we will know to rent one of those big double strollers at the zoo.
On Sunday we went and hung out with my parents after church. We left Aubrey and Charlie get in the little kiddie pool for a while, and then we barbequed.
On Monday we went boating with Matt's family. It was a great day. The weather was pretty cold in the morning, but later that afternoon the sun came out and everyone was happy to get in the water. Aubrey wasn't interested in tubing this year, but Matt tubed with his nephews...and I hopped off the boat into the lake for a refreshing swim. Boating in a mountain lake is really my version of heaven. I found my happy place while I floated in that frigid water.
It really was the perfect way to say goodbye to summer. We had a great weekend. And this picture of Charlie pretty much sums up how we all felt at the end of it! Now we are into the routine of school, and getting excited for fall weather, drives through the mountains, soup, sweaters, and college football. Go Aggies! (oh yeah...and cougars!)

1 comment:
Okay, can I just say this? It freaks me out just a little bit how much Charlie looks like Jake did when he was that age. That red hair!
Post a Comment