Today was the big day. Aubrey started Kindergarten!
I would be lying if I said I was sad to see Aubrey start Kindergarten. A lot of moms get really emotional when their kids start school...which I totally understand. But school is a really great thing for both Aubrey and I. Aubrey loves the structure, routine, and social aspect of school. And because Aubrey is such a demanding and often difficult little munchkin, school provides me with a much needed break. It really is a win win!
Miss Aubs is not attending a typical Kindergarten. She is going to a special ed. school about 5 minutes from our house. We have been able to tour the facility, meet her teachers and therapists, and some of the administration, and so far we are really impressed with the services that are available there for her.
Aubrey's teacher sent home a note detailing how the day went and the different things they did. She said that Aubrey was happy all afternoon, and was excited about everything they were doing. I knew she would love it! And while she was gone, Charlie and I did some shopping and cleaning and napping. I think we will settle in to this half day routine very nicely. I'm proud of Aubrey for being a brave girl, and handling new things like this so well. I'm so glad she loves school.
1 comment:
Yay! I hope it continues to go well.
Post a Comment