"With Lucifer beneath you, and God above, when either one of them asks you what you're living of...say love." -The Avett Brothers
Monday, May 14, 2012
Mother's Day
We have had SO much going on lately. Life has been feeling so chaotic and unsettled. So in the week leading up to Mother's Day, I told Matt that I just wanted to have a really relaxed/simple day. I had 3 "Mother's Day Wishes". I wanted to take a nap. I did NOT want to make dinner. And I wanted to watch the Survivor season finale. And if there happened to be chocolate involved in the day...even better.
Well, all of my wishes were granted. I stayed at church long enough to hear a few talks and the primary children sing. Then I came home to feed Charlie (I wore a dress to church...which would have made for an awkward situation in the mother's room), and he fell asleep...so I decided to stay home with him and take a nap rather than going back. Charlie had been up 5 times the night before, so I felt pretty justified:) So me and my little guy snuggled up in bed and slept for a glorious 2 hours. We were still there when Matt and Aubrey came home.
Later that afternoon we decided to enjoy the gorgeous weather and take a walk around the lake. We live in such a beautiful place. Aubs loved running wild, and Charlie slept the whole time. We even came home with a little sun on our noses.
That evening Matt grilled us up a delicious steak dinner, complete with salad, bread, fresh pineapple, pasta salad...and Diet Dr. Pepper. My favorite. Aubrey went to bed nice and early, and I got to enjoy the show with a caramel/chocolate covered apple from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
It really was the best day. And it made me realize that even with the stress, chaos, sleep-deprivation, and trials we are experiencing right now...life really is wonderful. My children are my world. They teach me so much every day. Being their mother is a gift that I am tremendously thankful for. And I sure am proud of this little family that Matt and I have created.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you had a great day and got to sleep!! I slept in until almost 10 and it was bliss! Love it that you got spoiled. You are an awesome Mama, and a great example to me! Love ya
Sounds like an absolutely gloriously perfect day to me :)
Post a Comment