"With Lucifer beneath you, and God above, when either one of them asks you what you're living of...say love." -The Avett Brothers
Thursday, April 26, 2012
About Our Charlie Boy
Charlie will be four months old in a few days, and I just can't believe it. Where did the last four months go? I'll tell you where. The last four months flew by in a fog of sleeplessness and survival. But we're here! We're alive! And we have a really adorable little guy to show for it.
Charlie is still a pretty ornery little guy. He cries a lot. Mostly because he doesn't sleep well, and is overtired much of the time. And also because he wants to be held ALL THE TIME. And as much as I try to accommodate that...I can't do it all the time. Plus, he doesn't appreciated being worn in a sling/carrier/wrap. When he is happy...he is really, really happy...and lights up the whole room with his smiles and squeals. When he is grumpy...he is really, REALLY grumpy.
Charlie is changing a little bit everyday. Matt and I try not to pay too much attention to the speed of his development. But we are already blown away at how he is growing and getting stronger all the time. We don't want to constantly compare Charlie with Aubrey, but we can't ignore the fact that Charlie is strong. He is so so strong. He holds his head so steady, and rolls (only a few times), loves his tummy time, and prefers sitting upright (while held) to reclining. I can hold him in ways that I couldn't hold Aubrey until she was close to a year old. It's amazing to watch him reach these little milestones with such ease! No physical therapy involved! We're so very thankful that so far, he is not exhibiting any muscle tone issues.
Speaking of Aubrey, she is completely captivated with Charlie. Every morning when she sees him for the first time she squeals and points and makes all kinds of excited sounds. It's like every morning she remembers that she has a brother, and it makes her happy all over again. Such fun. She is a good sister. She likes to try and give him his binkie, brings me diapers, and gives a whole lot of loves. Her very favorite thing to do is hold Charlie's hand. She likes it when he squeezes her finger.
As for me? Well, shoot. I'm tired, ya'll. Last week I experienced my very first bout of mastitis...and it was no joke. I was SO sick. Fevers, body aches, chills, exhaustion...not to mention a ridiculous amount of pain. Then I got a plugged milk duct, which equals more pain and a decrease in milk supply. And I have to tell you, by the end of that week I was shaking my fist at the heavens and cursing this female body of mine. But thankfully I am on a round of antibiotics, and that combined with some rest has made a huge difference...and things are pretty much back to normal.
I am still trying to figure out this new life of having two children. Two very difficult children. I don't get out much. Charlie screams in the car, unless he falls asleep. But if he does fall asleep, he always wakes up whenever we reach our destination...and then he screams. We have been looking at a lot of houses lately, and have made a few offers that we are waiting to hear about. The most important thing to us on our search for a new home is a big, fenced yard. A place where we can go and get out of our house without having to leave. A safe place for Aubrey to run around. It is a little bit of freedom that will make a huge difference for every member of our family. So, wish us luck!
All in all things are going alright. It feels like a very transitory time for us. We are right in the middle of so many changes...but nothing has fully changed yet. Refinancing and preparing for renters...but no renters yet. Searching for and making offers on homes...but not knowing our final destination for sure. There are all kinds of changes on the horizon. I'm not sure whether to be terrified or thrilled. So I guess I'll land somewhere in the middle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, honey, I feel your pain. My first two babies were so, so, so rough. (heck, they still are) Hang in there, miss.
Good luck with the house searching! We took forever to find the house for us. Promise it happens eventually!
I love it when babies reach those milestones, no matter how big or small they are! I'm sure It's 100% more exciting for you! Not sure if you are a cry it out person or not, but so many of my friends started their babies at 4 months old...they said it took less than a week and were so grateful they did it! I'm sure if Charlie starts getting the sleep he needs, he will be a much different baby! Hang in there....house hunting etc. can be hard, but pretty soon you will find something amazing.
So much fun!!! Hang in there... you have lots of crazy stressful things going on, but they won't last forever. It's so cute that Aubrey loves her baby brother so much.
Post a Comment