Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stella-nore Roosevelt

Can you see Stella in this picture?  She's just doing what she always does...putting up with whatever is going on without any complaint.

Stella doesn't get enough face time on this here blog.  And she doesn't get enough recognition in our everyday life, for being the patient, long suffering, loyal pet that she is.

Stella has been beyond neglected over the past few months.  And due to the cold winter months/a new baby in the house, the poor pooch hasn't gotten enough exercise, and has gotten a bit fat.  And last week we took her to the groomer for the first time since Charlie was born.  Did I mention he is almost 4 months old?

The poor, poor dog.

But she is such a good girl, and puts up with so much.  Here are a few facts about our Stella.

-Stella continues to be obsessed with Matt.  If I even say the word "Daddy" and any point during the day, she runs to the windows in the living room and looks to see if his car has pulled up.  I always have to say "sorry, not yet Stella."  When his car finally does pull up at the end of the day and I announce "Daddy's home!" she runs to the door and waits for him to open it.

-Stella loves to snuggle.  We let her up on the couch with us if she is clean, and she just can't get close enough.  She doesn't mind being hugged, smooshed, and squeazed by Aubrey.  And when Charlie is on the floor for tummy time, she likes to be right up next to him or staring at his face.

-Whenever we are eating at the table, she camps out right next to Aubrey, or under the table at Aubrey's feet.  She knows who drops the most food around here.  That could be another reason she is getting so fat :-)

If I had to classify Stella with a personality...I would say she is motherly.  She is nurtuting, protective, loving, and long suffering.  Our day to day lives are messy, chaotic, busy, and stressful.  But she takes it all in stride, and her presence is nothing but steady and calming.

And I sure am glad to have her around.

(P.S. Lest anyone get the wrong impression and assume that we have the perfect dog, don't be fooled.  Life was not so lovely when she was a hyper, chewing, pooping puppy.  Thank goodness that stage is over.  Also, Stella is a bit of a barfer.  So....there's trade off's :)

1 comment:

whitney said...

Ahhh, what a sweetie! Thank heavens for patient pets :)