Aubrey graduated from preschool!
We had such a great time at her graduation program today. Matt was able to take the morning off, and both my mom and Matt's mom, and Aubrey's cousin Ayva were able to come. Aubrey was so cute and SO excited during the whole program. When all the kids were walking in with their little graduation caps on...we could hear her laughing and giggling before we even saw her. She was full of smiles the whole time. We are super proud of her, and everything that she accomplished during preschool.
Next year Aubrey will be attending kindergarten at a school for special needs children. We went and had a tour of the school a few weeks ago...and it is amazing. We think she is really going to love it there, and we know she will be provided all kinds of opportunities and services, that would otherwise not be available to her in a traditional school.
At the graduation ceremony they handed out a little poem that I thought was really sweet, so I thought I would post it here.
Heaven's Very Special Child
A meeting was held quite far from Earth.
It was time for another birth.
Said the angels to the Lord above-
"This special child will need much love.
Her progress may be very slow,
Accomplishment she may not show.
And she'll require extra care
From the folks she meets down there.
She may not run or laugh or play,
Her thoughts may seem quite far away.
So many times she will be labeled
'different,' 'helpless' and disabled.
So let's be careful where she's sent.
We want her life to be content.
Please, Lord, find the parents who
Will do a special job for you.
They will not realize right away
The leading role they are asked to play.
But with this child sent from above
Comes stronger faith, and richer love.
And soon they'll know the privlege given
In caring for their gift from heaven.
They're precious charge, so meek and mild
Is heaven's very special child."
-Edna Massimilla
Later that day when Matt and I had a few minutes to talk about Aubrey's graduation program, we both agreed that it was a really fun experience. Then Matt said, "The thing I really took away from that whole program was that there really is no one else like Aubrey. She is absolutely one of a kind." He is so right. And while that can make life extremely hard sometimes...it can also make is totally awesome :) We are so thankful for our very special, one of a kind girl.
2 comments:
Geez, make me cry! I love her enthusiasm for life, its so contagious, and indeed special!
so sweet! I love that poem... and I think God chose excellent parents to send her to!
Post a Comment