Today was not a great day. Discouraging news from the doctor. Tears, disappointment, and questions. And more tears.
But not tomorrow. Tomorrow I will bake cookies and give them away. Tomorrow I will fill out the paperwork for Aubrey's horse therapy. I will write a nice note for someone I think might need it. I will buy a present for my Grandma.
I will give myself today, and allow the tears.
But not tomorrow. Tomorrow I will send a text message to my Dad who is traveling. I will sit on Aubrey's bed and look at a thousand books with her. When Matt gets home from work I will kiss him on the lips and greet him with cookies and milk.
Tonight when I go to sleep...there will be uncertainty in my mind and questions on my lips.
But not tomorrow. Tomorrow I will have faith in God's plan for me. My prayers will be filled with nothing but gratitude. Tomorrow I will see the beauty in what I have been given.
And this song will be on repeat.
7 comments:
Everyone needs a day to wallow. (((hugs))) sweetie. I hope tomorrow (so I guess today :) is everything you need and more.
Thanks for the song, it makes me happy.
Beautiful.
Thank you so much for this post and this beautiful song. I am having a bad day today for no reason at all and reading this made me cry (which i don't usually allow myself to do) and realize I have a lot to be happy about. I don't know if you even know that I blog stalk you, but you inspire me. Thank you.
I'm sorry, Megan. Yesterday and Tuesday were not good days for me either. I wrote on my blog about tomorrow as well: http://days-of-natasha.blogspot.com/2011/03/hope-for-tomorrow.html
Prayers for you.
Tomorrow sounds like it is going to be a good day! Here's a wish that today will go by quickly!
You're amazing to only wallow for a day. Is Aubry doing hippotherapy? My son did it with amazing results and he now rides independently and loves it with great passion! Seeing Aubrey on a horse will most certainly make you happy. Sorry you had a bad day, xxoo
So good to talk to you tonight. I think we are long lost friends that just found each other again. I am sorry that life is hard. Harder than it should be all at once. But I think you are amazing and handle it all with such grace. Here's to a better tomorrow, lots of tomorrows.
Post a Comment