The great dresser re-do of 2011
Before:
(I forgot to take the picture until after I had already taken off the doors and drawers, but you get the idea...)
(I forgot to take the picture until after I had already taken off the doors and drawers, but you get the idea...)
And after....
It was a lot more labor intensive than I was expecting it to be, but it was really fun! And it was so cool to see how a few coats of paint and some new hardware can totally transform an old piece of furniture. I think next we will do the entertainment center. I think I'll hold off doing that until summertime, so I can do it in the garage, instead of on tarps in the kitchen. Wish me luck!
P.S. If redoing furniture is something you are interested in, take a look at this website. It's where I found my inspiration!
12 comments:
Beautiful work Megan!
It's beautiful Megan. I love it!!
it is gorgeous! You did a good job. Did you use rpay paint or something else? Was it hard to remove the old oak paint?
Bea, I used regular indoor paint from Home Depot...the kind with paint and primer in one. Spray painting a piece of furniture this big would probably leave all kinds of lines and drip marks. I used a small high density roller for the big flat parts and then I used small foam brushes for the base, trim, and details. The only prep I did before painting was sanding the finish off the oak wood, so that the paint would stick.
Oh my heck, so so beautiful! I just turned out so great!
WOW, Megan. It's gorgeous. Whenever I want to refinish something, Kirby is like, "I don't think you realize just how much work that is..." And I don't. So I end up avoiding it. But I so want to try!
Love it!! you did a great job Megatron! Can't wait to see what you tackle next!
Wowzers Megora! Amazing!!! You did such a great job!
Very cute!! Good job Megan. I'm so impressed :)
Very cute!! Good job Megan. I'm so impressed :)
Looks Great!!!
Wow! Very impressive- I love the change!
Post a Comment