(winter inversion...photo by Dan Pope)
Aubs went to bed at 6:45 tonight. She was so crazy hysterical at dinner that she just laid her head down on the table and cried while we tried to pry her mouth open and put food in it. I SO hope that this is not a sign of oncoming sickness. Please don't get sick. Please don't get sick. Please don't get sick. Am I the only parent that chants this to themselves while dunking their children in a vat of anti-bacterial hand soap? Just wondering...
I just got back from my first spinning class of the new year. My who-ha is gonna be hurtin' tomorrow, but it's worth it. I love spinning. We did a freaking 10 minute hill at the very end, and I almost swore out loud. But instead I closed my eyes and went to my happy place. The instructor was saying things like "Don't cheat yourself out of doing hard things. What do you want for yourself? Why are you here? Think about what you want for your life in 2011!" It was a great workout, and I feel awesome.
Last week I started painting our dresser. Matt made it when he was in high school. It's an awesome piece of furniture, but it is light oak, and the rest of our bedroom furniture is black. So I took it apart, sanded the crap out of it, and have been painting a little every night after Aubrey goes to bed. It looks awesome, and I am kinda a little proud of myself for spending $45 (we got new hardware for it too...) making something old look new, instead of spending a whole lot more on something brand new. I will post pictures when it's finished. I just have two more drawers to do and then I'll be done. Then it's time to move on to the entertainment center.
Is it just me, or is January like the crappiest month of the whole year? Seriously. The holidays are over, there isn't really anything to look forward to, it's flipping cold outside, and we've been dealing with some pretty nasty air in the valley. Just yuck. I told Matt that I want to get in bed and hibernate until spring. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally jazzed about working on my goals, and I'm feeling good about the changes I'm making in my life...but life is always happier when you can spend time outside. And I don't wanna be outside for more than about 2 minutes right now. Blah.
Matt's birthday is coming up soon, so I guess that is one thing we can look forward to this month! He wants the usual...a day of skiing, and a round chocolate cake. It's hard to believe he will be 28. And then six months later I will be 28 too. For some reason that age seems A LOT different than 27. I mean, 28 is almost 30. Can we really be there already? It seems like just yesterday we were giddy 21 year old college students making out in Matt's pickup truck. Ahem... sorry Dad.
The end.

6 comments:
Yeah, I hit 30 at the end of last year. And it still doesn't seem right. The good news is that I don't actually FEEL 30. It kind of messes with my mind ;).
I know what you mean about January being the crapiest month. I always hated January because of the same reason. The holidays are over and it is so cold outside. My only social place lately is church or the store. We don't even get out more then going outside and getting into the car going to the store or preschool. I don't even mind the snow just woulnd't be this cold.
I'm going to be 33 this year:) So 28 is still young for me:) Besides you don't look older than 24-25 to me. Infact you still as young to me in my head as you were when i met you the firts time at church, which was what? -more than 6 years ago:) I even got surprised as i read that you'll be 28 soon. You look amazing!!!
Blah, this weather has really gotten to me this year, normally I don't mind the cold, but this is bitter, plus the inversion making everyone sick is just sucky. Can't wait to see your dresser project and to finally hang out!!! Crossing my fingers Aubs isn't sick!!
I love the way you write. I can't wait to see the pics of the dresser. Great job! Yes, I do much better in Arizona because it is sunny here all the time. I swear in Utah I had seasonal depression. Not joking. I feel your pain. I am serious when I say you guys are welcome at our house any time.
Ooo, I so can't wait to see the dresser pics! If it was Spence's old dresser, he'd get pouty about me "covering the grain." He's that wood-work-y type :P
I'm ok through January (I'm a jan. b-day) but by the time Valentine's Day rolls around, I am SO done w/the whole thing.
yay! for spin class! I reeeally need to get some sort of work out going...you always give me such good motivation to try and exercise more.
One of my new year's resolutions is to refinish an old piece of furniture- check out this awesome site I found:
http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/2010/12/glazing-furniture-faqs.html
It's all about decorating by redoing old furnature. :)
Post a Comment