So in an effort to write
What are your top 3 fears?
Well, of course my greatest fears involve losing my family. But those are everyone's greatest fears, so they don't count. Aside from those, I think I would have to go with these three.
-The Dark
-Car accidents
-Spiders/rodents
I am afraid of the dark, and that is the honest truth. To tell the truth, I blame my dad and my brothers for this. When I was growing up it was a common occurance for my dad to go upstairs and hide somewhere while we were getting ready for bed...and then as soon as the lights went out he would jump out and scare us. My brothers were just as bad. And being that I am the youngest, and only girl...I often fell victim to their scares. It was all fun and games back then, but I think my psyche never fully recovered, because to this day when the lights go out I fully expect something or someone to jump out and get me. Sometimes Matt thinks it's funny to turn out all the lights downstairs when we are heading up to bed, and then make scary noises and start chasing me...and it usually ends with me getting violent because I just can't handle it:) He had to learn the hard way! Oh, and if I am ever walking home from the gym or a friends house in the dark I am constantly looking over my shoulder to make sure a bad guy isn't gonna get me. And when Matt is out of town I sleep with the lights on. cause I'm a freak.
Car accidents are something that I've only grown fearful of since I was in my first one. When I was about 14 weeks pregnant with Aubrey I was in a really bad car accident on my way to work. I was driving on I15. I will spare you the details and just say that before the accident I was driving in the far right lane headed north. When the accident was over I was in the far left shoulder, facing south. Thankfully other than some major muscle pain/back spasms I was fine. Our car, which we had owned for less than a month, was just a few hundred dollars shy of being totaled. It was a ridiculously scary event, and it has totally changed the way I drive, and the kind of passenger I am. I do not ever sleep in the car anymore as a passenger, I rarely speed by more than 5 miles per hour, and I always take back roads whenever possible.
Spiders/rodents are pretty self explanitory. No one really likes those things...but they petrify me. I had a really bad spider bite when I was a camp counselor in Michigan. It was SO painful and required a trip to the E.R., a shot, and a round of steroids. Also, one time a momma spider hatched her egg sack in our apartment in Provo, and I STILL have nightmares about the millions of tiny spiders that covered our bathroom ceiling. Same goes for all rodents...mice, bugs, anything like that. It makes me want to pee my pants and scream like a little girl.
That's all for now. I am going to try to start writing more frequently again...and there are a few things weighing on my mind, so hopefully I will have something worthwhile to write about. Good night.
5 comments:
I'm also scared of the dark. Today the lights went out for a split second and I freaked, Thomas was standing next to me and I just grabbed him and held him tight until the lights came back on. It was only like 30 seconds by I was already freaking out because we don't have a flashlight... and I don't have candles either. Anyways... good to know I'm not the only grown woman still afraid of the dark! :o)
Love it, I'm afraid of the dark as well, and spiders/insects, you name it! Can't wait to see the next post, and how everything's going!
I hate being in the dark too. My step dad did the same thing- hide in the dark and then scare me. I hated it. If Daryl is out of town which is not too often fortunately I always ask someone to come and staye with me and the boys because i can't even sleep from the thought that someone will brake in.
And i couldn't even read through yor spider post- i hate them and even hear or read about them freaks me out:)
I hope you feel better soon.
Car accidents scare me to death too. I had a huge one my freshman year at BYU (rolled over 3 times off a hill off the freeway going 75 mph. yeah, it was scary). I most definitely feel your pain.
I have never been in a major car accident before but I totally drive like a grandma and my family makes fun of me. I think there are way too many people on the road that don't take driving serious enough. I commute every day and just about everyone on the road seems to be a bad driver. I think being cautious in a car is totally normal.
Post a Comment