Thursday, September 23, 2010

Autumnal Equinox

We love Fall.  It's our favorite season.  Every year we drive through the alpine loop to see the leaves change colors and to feel the crisp mountain air.  And there is honestly nothing that makes me feel happier than spending quality time with my family in the great outdoors (I am a firm believer that if you need to be a little happier, all you need to do is go outside).  So this year we decided to start a new family tradition, to celebrate the first official day of Fall, or the Autumnal Equinox.  We packed up a picnic dinner, drove up to the mountains to eat, and explore, and appreciate our beautiful world.  Then we drove home and watched the big harvest moon come up over the mountains.  It was a perfect evening, and we are already coming up with ideas of how to celebrate the Autumnal Equinox with our family for years to come!  (Next year I think we need to add a campfire...it was colder than we expected!)  Here are some photos of our first annual Autumnal Equinox Celebration.








***Coming soon...Formspring post #2

6 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Such a great idea........ if only I had fall :( I do, but not until Dec. and it is not even close to being as pretty as Utah!

Kristin Hanson said...

How lovely! It makes me want to be in Logan with all those lovely fall trees in the canyon and that brisk fall air. Now if only the weather here in Cali would realize that summer is officially over... :)

whitney said...

I love it! Ooo, I'm jealous of y'all's crisp weather. Send some my way!

Katie said...

I love the one of Matt and Aubrey walking over the bridge and the one of Aubrey kissing you. So cute!

Ashley said...

How fun!! That looks beautiful! I told George I want to go up for a drive that way soon too!!

Jill said...

Great tradition! You can never have too many, and the kids will look forward to them for so long!