Oh man, this formspring is hilarious! I have gotten some really good questions so far...and one really personal question that I WON'T BE ANSWERING BECAUSE THIS IS A FAMILY BLOG SO KEEP IT CLEAN FOLKS! Mmmmmm k?
The largest portion of questions I got so far were about our fertility "stuff", so I thought I would start with that.
"I am curious about the fertility treatments you recently mentioned starting. Care to elaborate?"
Well, why not? Matt and I have been struggling to conceive for quite a while now, and my cycles have been very irregular ever since I stopped birth control. I saw my doctor, had some tests and an ultrasound done, and it was determined that I suffer from anovulation, which basically means that I am not ovulating (for any men out there, that means that an egg is not being released every month). Matt also had some tests done, and everything checked out great for him.
So, my doctor decided to put me on a round of the fertility drug called Clomid. Clomid is supposed to help stimulate the ovaries to make an egg be released. It is only taken for five days each cycle. It works like this.
Day 1: Period starts
Days 5-9: Take one pill everyday
Days 11-17: Hanky-Panky!
Day 21: Blood test to see if ovulation occurred
Day 30: Test for pregnancy
The only problem is that we haven't gotten this far yet because my period has refused to start...and it's not because I was pregnant. It just didn't happen. So my doctor put me on a ten day dose of progesterone to try and force my body to have a period...which should be happening any day now. The progesterone has made me an emotional freak of nature, and bloated. Oh joy!
Clomid also comes with a host of side effects which could include hot flashes, nausea, mood swings, bloating, and tenderness. So look out. Also, those who take Clomid have a 10% greater chance of having twins...because it may stimulate more than one egg per cycle. So there's that.
So that is where we are. We have spent many many months praying, fasting, and attending the temple, just trying to figure out what we should do. Because of all the trials we have had with Aubrey, deciding when to have another child was a very difficult one. But once we made the decision that we were ready, we have felt strongly that it is the right thing to do. Only, that decision was made a year ago...and here were are still a family of 3. But we will continue to move forward, and hope for the best. You know, faith without works and all that.
So as always, we appreciate prayers and positive thoughts. And if you happen to run into me and I am bloated, sweating, puking, or bitchy...at least you will know why:) Wish us luck!
10 comments:
You seemed pretty sweet today at church!! All you need is a girls night out! EVERY NIGHT, RIGHT?! Let's do it! Hang in there, it will happen soon! Also, I had 3 friends on Clomid. 2 had twins and the 3rd one had triplets! :)
That is a fascinating cycle. We're hoping and praying for the best! Can't wait to hear what other questions you get!
Dang period! I was wondering if you'd been graced by mother nature yet...No buns in our oven yet either...not sure what we're gonna do, but hang in there, we will still love you despite the extra "fun" that comes with meds...at least it doesn't make you grow hair on your face or chest.....
I wish you all the best Megan! You are a wonderful woman and i wil keep you guys in my prayer!
Good luck, sweetie! At least you mostly know what's going on, right? Knowing is always better then not knowing, in my book. I've heard lots of success stories w/clomid and I so hope you'll be another one!
I have 4 very dear friends who have taken Clomid and 2 of them had to do IVF and the other 2 were able to get pregnant. Both of them had twins and actually 1 of them is pregnant with her second set. Hope all goes well for you. I wish you the best!
Good Luck! I'm excited for you... even though I don't actually KNOW you, I was just telling a friend of mine that I have a friend (you, I consider you an e-friend) that started fertility treatments, they're going through the same deal...
anyway, if twins do happen, good luck, you'll need it! They are super fun, but man are they a lot of work... hahahahah
And if it does happen, I come around and give you all the tips! ;o)
That is so frustrating. It sounds like you had the exact same problem as I did. There's really nothing wrong with you but for some reason you don't ovulate like you should. I actually ended up getting pregnant after using a drug called Femara (after almost a year of trying clomid on and off) I don't know if it was the drug or really just a miracle. I also read a book called "the fertility diet" that had ideas about how to eat to promote ovulation. I tried some of the things it suggested (like drinking whole milk) and that may have helped. Good luck with everything, I hope it works out for you soon.
Progesterone IS wicked. I was on the highest possible dose for FOUR month straight to try to keep from miscarrying....talk about emotional freak of nature....just ask Bill. (but of course it didn't work...grrrr) When you are at your worst, just call him and he'll comfirm that you are not the only emotional freak of nature on progesterone ;)-
You guys are in our prayers!
Hi there! I wandered here from Cjane's blog and wanted to send you my best baby wishes!
Post a Comment