-adjective
1. not flowing or running, as water, air, etc.
2. stale or foul from standing, as a pool of water.
3. characterized by lack of development, advancement, or progressive movement: a stagnant economy.
4. inactive, sluggish, or dull.
If I could chose one word to describe life right now it would be stagnant.
For all the complaining people do about change and how difficult it is, there is something to be said for shaking up life a bit. Sometimes change is good and welcome. And we are craving that good kind of change in our house. Like an addition to the family, or a talking Aubrey, or a job promotion, or a new favorite hobby, or a second degree.
And the craving for change is palpable. Our mouths water for it. We walk around our house with the smallest hint of change on our tongues, like the memory of a spice we once tasted. We wait and we wonder what to do next. Will change come? When? What form will it take?
I think the answer lies within ourselves. It is time to stop waiting for the change to come to us, and start making it happen.
Yes. It's time.

6 comments:
You should write a book about your experiences as a social worker. Or being a mommy or something like that. I'd buy it!
Change is very good- I'm excited to see what you tackle next!
Yes, change is good. Sounds like you are ready, looking forward to seeing what change you choose to make :)
Dude, STAGNANT is like MY word right now. Blah blah blah and more blah.....
Let's move to Hawaii together?!?! And take up surfing....
You up for it?
Chiara, when do we leave?:)
I so know what you mean, I'm a changer to the very core! Give me a big ol' shift any day to the same ol' same ol'!
Post a Comment