Monday, August 9, 2010

The P Word


There is something truly amazing happening at our house.  Something so wonderful and monumental and thrilling that I must share it with all of you.  Are you ready?

Aubrey is going in the toilet!

I know, I know...not one more mommy blogging about her child potty training, right?  (Don't worry, I won't be posting any pictures of my child's urine or other bodily functions).

And of course we don't have things down to a perfect science, Aubrey is still in diapers...but you guys!  She is telling us when she needs to go potty!  Before she goes!  And then we put her on the potty...and she sits there for a minute and we tell her to push...AND SHE DOES IT!

This is such a big deal for Aubrey and for us.  It means so much more than the mere fact that Aubrey is going in the potty.  It means that she is learning and developing.  That she is aware of her self and her surroundings.  That she understands cause and effect, and comprehends thinking about something before doing it.  Do you know what a huge step that is for our little Aubs?  

We know that this will be a long process.  Aubrey has yet to go #2 on the potty.  But we are really happy, and full of hope.  So if you see Aubs anytime soon, be sure to congratulate her on being such a big girl!

(Note:  In case you were curious, Aubrey's method of telling us that she needs to go is by pointing emphatically at her crotch.  Hopefully someday we can come up with something a bit more discreet, but for now it will have to do:)

14 comments:

Ali said...

CONGRATS! That is huge. Yeah Aubrey! I can't wait until Evan can communicate with me that he needs to go. He's comfortable going if I sit him on....but for us to progress more we need to get the communication thing down- I'd be fine with a point or grab! :)

Natasha and Jesse said...

Yay, Megan and Aubrey!! That is such great news! Congrats!

Kathryn Cooper said...

That truly is wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Sally said...

Megan this is awesome!!! Way to go Aubrey!

Hoenes Family said...

Hooray! That is so great Megan. GOOOOO AUBREY!!

Chiara said...

AWESOMENESS at its best!! Seriously, way cool!!

Lauren Davison said...

Hooray! That's WONDERFUL! So happy for you and Aubrey! :)

beapinkal said...

Yay for little princess Aubrey! She looks adorable on every single picture.:)

Melanie said...

WOW!!! That is so awesome- go Aubs! Congrats!

Jill said...

Yay for you 3!!! I am so jealous! Pretty soon, she'll be doing it all on the potty, and you will be a very very happy mama!! Miss and love you!

whitney said...

Oh yay! yay! yay! What a big girl she's becoming! Like you said, it is so much more then just your basic potty-training with sweet Miss Aubrey.

Erica said...

That is AMAZING! I am so impressed - and how happy you must be :) What a big milestone!!!

Mrs. S said...

that's so fantastic! I'm so glad you blogged about it because it's a HUGE step! Hooray for Aubrey!

Carolyn said...

Congrats Aubrey! That is wonderful!!!