Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Summer of George Pt. 1

Or, The Summer of Matt, as the case may be.  My dear husband just went back to work today after taking nearly two weeks of vacation to hang with me and Aubrey.  It was seriously the BEST time.  You guys, I love my husband.  I know some women cringe when they think about their husband retiring and being around all the time...but I seriously can't wait.  I have absolutely loved hanging out with Matt so much during these past few weeks, and it has been such a treat to share all of that time with Aubrey as well.  Heaven.  So here is a summary of some of the fun we had.

 We hung out at Grandma and Grandpa's house...(both sets)

Aubs played dress-up with Daddy

  
We went to the Hogle Zoo

Aubrey loved this water feature more than any of the animals:)

We bought a new car...praises, praises, and halleluja!  (I will post more on this another time)


And we spent tons of time at the pool!
Also, Matt had a guys movie night, I had a girls night (holla for 60 cent ice cream cones and a chick flick!), and Matt took me on a date to see the new Twilight movie.  I said he was a good husband!

Ah, who says you need to leave town to have a great vacation?!

Still to come, our lovely day trip to our old stomping grounds.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I was wondering where George has been the last two weeks... JK Glad you had fun!! If you are having withdrawls, I might not be as fun as Matt, but I'd be up for getting together :)

Rachel said...

That is such a good idea, to take a vacation at home. Too often when we go somewhere on vacation, it ends up being a lot of work. I'm glad you had fun.

Jill said...

Woop Woop!! I heart Arctic Circle....and girl's night!