First of all, this is not Megan. This is her husband, Matt. Most of you probably know me or have read about me in other posts. If you still can’t put my face to my name, scroll back a few posts and you will see a pasty white person awkwardly trying to ride an artificial wave. That’s me.
Today is Megan’s 27th birthday, and since she is typically writing about her life with Aubrey and me, I wanted take this chance to hijack her blog and write about my life with her. Here are a few reasons why I love Megan more today than when we fell in love six years ago:
Her ability to laugh - Sometimes I have come home to what has been a very difficult day. She tells me what has happened and I do my best to just listen and not try to solve the problem. Despite all her frustration, she can still find humor in something Aubrey or Stella does, or maybe even a simple tv commercial. Whenever the laugh turns into a high-pitched “hee hee” or maybe even a little snort, I know she’s happy, and that makes me happy.
Her unconditional love – Megan and I have gone through our up’s and down’s over these past six years as I’m sure you all have. We fight, makeup, repeat. We both wish this shampooish routine would come less frequent or not at all, but I have never had to wonder if her love for me has washed away. I know she loves me, and that makes me love her even more.
Her tolerance to my life-long, debilitating affliction of being a guy – I do stupid things. Not only do I do stupid things, but when I have the chance to do a smart thing, I don’t. (I guess that’s just another case of doing a stupid thing) Case in point – trying to fix the problem. (see above) Megan and I are two very different individuals. She runs on emotion. I run on logic, or at least what my brain tells me is logical. I think the two of us combined would make a pretty well-rounded individual. Anyway, back to the point. I CAN BE AN IDIOT, but she loves me, and that makes me lover her back.
So to all of you reading this blog post, know this; I am married to the most wonderful woman I know. She is kind, loving, fun, and sexy. (That last one’s really none of your business, but I can’t not say it. I mean come on, look at her.) She makes me happy and I love her.
7 comments:
Good job Matt....that was hands down the cutest thing ever!! (And I know you were going for cute, right?) Anyhow - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN!!
Happy Birthday to one of the loveliest people I know too!
Love the post, Matt!
ahhhh matt! you are the best :) we really miss you guys and are sad we haven't seen you forever. glad that you are doing well. happy birthday megan :)
:) Love it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MEGAN! What a perfect tribute to such a fabulous lady!
Could you tell Taylor to hijack my blog on my birthday? That is some nice stuff you said. I know exactly what you were talking about with the high pitched "hee hee" or a snort. I miss that about Megan. Happy happy birthday Megan. I hope it was a good one.
happy birthday!!!!
Post a Comment