Yesterday I was desperate to get out of our house and be out in nature. Not just in the backyard or at the park...but in the wilderness. So we packed up Aubrey and Stella and headed for the mountains. Halfway up Big Cottonwood Canyon we realized that Stella wasn't allowed up there so we had to turn around and take her to Matt's parents. We were headed to Silver Lake, but we got there and not only was the lake still frozen and covered with snow, but it was snowing...so we went back down the canyon to another place where Matt and I have gone hiking before. We remembered that the very beginning of the trail was paved and pretty flat, so we thought that would be the perfect place to take Aubrey to explore. She was in heaven...and we count this as Aubrey's first real "hike" (where she wasn't being carried in a backpack).
Aubrey ran...
Aubrey smiled a lot...
We saw lots of waterfalls...
We attempted a family self-portrait...
Aubrey found lot's of rocks, pine cones, sticks, and I love how she's pointing at this really big rock.
The great thing about being little is that someone can carry you when you get tired :)
It was a lovely afternoon.
3 comments:
Ooh, that beautiful canyon! What a perfect afternoon- no wonder Aubrey looks so happy!
What a great time! Definitely give us a call next time you decide to do it!!
I love exploring new places, and now I love to see Olivia doing that.
Post a Comment