My husband builds things. Well, not just things. He builds buildings. Big ones. Which I think is really cool! I mean think about it. When they start there is nothing there, then a few years later, BAM! A big old building that is going to be there for a LONG time. I mean, talk about having something to show for all your hard work! He has been working in construction since we got married 5 1/2 years ago, and it is his passion. During the last five years he's worked on things like university libraries and buildings, hospitals, even the State Capital building.
Well, about a year and a half ago when Matt graduated from BYU, the company he was already working for hired him on and gave him his first job as a project engineer. Just last week he finished his first project as a project engineer on a 6 story medical office building! Behold the awesomeness...
The beginning...
The end result!
So, I am really proud of Matt. He works really hard and is so good at what he does. I can't wait to see all the amazing things he will be a part of creating over the years.
**Note: If you want to see this building in person, just look west the next time you are driving on I-15 at about 53rd south. It's just west of the freeway, right by the University of Phoenix building.



4 comments:
I had no idea what Matt did for a living. Cool to know. Awesome building.
That's so cool! I gotta say, I'm a little jealous. How great would it to be to see all your hard work pay off in such a tangible way? Changing diapers just doesn't do it in the same way :P
So cool! Love this post. I always see his building when we are at Ryan's parents house, and it always makes me think of Matt! (Not in a bad, weird way). Can't wait for tomorrow!!
You're not kidding, Meg, that IS awesome! Go Matt!
Post a Comment