Thursday, April 8, 2010

Answers


We had our appointment with Aubrey's neurologist a few days ago.  It was our last ditch effort to make sure we have done all that we can do in order to get some answers about why Aubrey was born with hypotonia, and what is causing all of the delays and lack of speech.

We got an answer.  It was this.  There are no answers, and chances are there never will be.

The night before our appointment our prayer was a simple one.  Please let us walk away and be satisfied.  And we did.  No more tests.  No more MRI's.  No more appointments with specialists poking and prodding.  It's enough.  And it doesn't really matter anyway.  Aubrey is Aubrey.  Would it be nice to know what to expect for the future?  Sure.  But there is no test on Earth that can tell us how special our girl is.

So we move on.  We do school, and therapy, and we live happily.  We will take our cues from Heavenly father, and let that be enough.

11 comments:

whitney said...

Such a good way to look at things. Once, again, Megan dear, you inspire me.

Melanie said...

I'm grateful you did get an answer of some sorts, and now you know you've done everything you can. And Aubrey is so special- we love her!

Kelly E. said...

Thanks Megan for the inspiration. You have a very beautiful daughter in more ways than you may ever know. She is the true meaning of love.

Aubrey said...

Aubrey is a precious little sweetheart and she is so blessed to have you as her mommy!

Kristin Hanson said...

Isn't it funny how we pray for things and get them, but not always the way we expected to? The most wonderful part is that the doctor has reaffirmed what you've known all along: she's a beautiful, unique, very special girl who can do anything and everything with the patient help from her parents. How empowering to know that her future won't be limited by anyone telling her she can't because of some kind of diagnosis.

Nat said...

It's always good to feel like you've done everything you can. That way you'll never look back and have the "what ifs." We love Aubrey, she sure is a cutie! Good luck working on #2 *wink* - keep me updated on that front, I love to hear.

Ali said...

You are an incredible inspiration, example, and Mother. Aubrey is SO SO lucky to have you two as her parents, and she truly is SO beautiful. I love her attitude and insights and on so many levels I feel like I can relate although our child's stories are so very different. One things for sure though, we are both becoming pros at living in the moment, wouldn't you say? (even though I have to remind myself every now and again)

Ali said...

er, I meant- I love YOUR attitude, though I'm sure hers is great too!

Somer said...

We have been there for a while and I have to be honest, its a very peaceful conclusion for us. We love Maisy and no test will change anything. We will do the best we know how and I know that wherever she goes she gets and gives love. We cross bridges as they come, but we do it together. I feel honored to be her mom.

Erin said...

Megan- Crazy how an answer to a prayer can be so heartbreaking and so peaceful at the same time. I admire you. Aubrey is lucky to have such a momma and I bet she knows that.

Erica said...

"Aubrey is Aubrey." You hit it right on. Every moment I am with her, I am thankful for who she is. Beneath all her delays she seems to know so much more than me about God, and love, and faith. I think she will continue to surprise and inspire all of us. She seems so happy lately, and so proud. It is like she knows how wonderful she is.