Monday, February 22, 2010

An Update

First of all, I want to say thank you for all the kind, heartfelt comments on my last post.  I have such great friends.  Thanks for caring, and thanks for praying.  We love you all.

-Thankfully Aubrey is all better now.  The fever lasted all day Friday, and she was doing more of the convulsing that day, but after talking with her pediatrician we decided to hold off on doing a catheter for a urine sample.  I'm glad we did because around 4:00 Saturday morning Aubrey's fever broke, and she was back to a normal temperature by the time we got up for the day.  We still have no idea what was causing the fever because she didn't have any other symptoms at all.  The fever really did take a lot out of her though and it took a while for her to get her energy back.  But we are just thankful she is healthy again.  And even though we hope she doesn't go through this again, at least if she does we'll know what is going on and not be so ridiculously scared.

-Sunday I taught Gospel Doctrine at church.  Thankfully that is not a new calling, I was just filling in for someone who couldn't be there.  When Charles (Sunday School Prez) asked me to substitute I considered saying no.  But then, this year is all about being fearless right?  So against my better judgment I said yes.  It was kind of terrifying.  I have taught GD before, but does it really count in a student ward?  Somehow it doesn't feel like the real thing until you are in a real life, grown up ward.  My knees shook for a few minutes, but then I got over it and it was actually kind of fun.  In a way it's way better than teaching the 12 and 13 year old girls, because adults have lot's to say and girls just doodle and pretend they can't hear you when you ask questions.

-Speaking of New Year resolutions...did you know that Anna Karenina is really really long?

-Today Aubrey and I met with her new preschool teacher and speech therapist for her first IEP (individual education plan).  Since we haven't been to one before I really had no idea what to expect.  I think I got a good feel for her teacher and the vibe of the classroom, but it all just went so fast.  I was a little bugged that the teacher didn't seem to take much time to meet Aubrey and interact with her.  It was all paperwork, paperwork, paperwork....sign this, sign that, these are your rights, this is what Aubrey qualifies for, yadda, yadda, yadda.  I don't know.  I think Aubrey will like the class.  10 kids, 1 teacher, 2 aides, and 1 speech therapist.  I think those are pretty good numbers, or as good as they can get in such a budget crunched program.  It will be fun for her, but it is a big change and I am nervous.  I don't know what else to say about that.

-We are picking paint colors for the master bedroom right now.  Anyone wanna come over and consult my paint chips over cinnamon hot chocolate?

-I'm slacking on the p90x.  I did really good for the first couple of weeks, but then Aubrey got sick and we were all sleep deprived and now it's Monday and I'm out of the routine.  Plus I love to watch the Olympics, then I end up staying up too late, and getting up at 6:00 am is too hard.  Wine wine wine.  But mostly it's hard to feel motivated to get a six pack when the dream of pregnancy is in my heart.  Either way I'm a slacker, and I need a good swift kick in the pants. 

-Countdown to CA: 67 days

10 comments:

Ali said...

Yeah for the great update! I have been so concerned and praying like crazy. I'm so glad...

Katie said...

So glad she is feeling better.

I hear you on the p90x. I keep saying I'm going to start it again, tomorrow...and then tomorrow...and then okay, I'll start on Monday (now it's Tuesday and I haven't started).

Anna Karenina is long, but so worth it by the end. I think I started it 3 or 4 times and could only get a couple hundred pages into it and then I finally buckled down and made myself read it--so worth it! I'm having to do the same thing with the Brothers Karamazov. I'm about 400 pages into this one, but got busy reading other books and haven't picked it back up in months. Need to finish! Did you like Madame Bovary? That's one I've never read.

Nat said...

I sympathize with you on the exercise front. I've gained 5 pounds in the last 6 months and it's been really hard for me to want to do something about it, since I'd much rather be pregnant than exercising. Um. . .without seeming to pry. . .is that an imminent plan? I know that you said you would wait until Aubrey could walk. . .and now she can. . .

Hoenes Family said...

I am glad that she is okay. I hope you don't have to deal with that again. I know what you mean about getting out of routine. Isn't it crazy how you could have a good habit for like two years straight, and then it can be so easily broken? I am talking about reading my scriptures before I got married. Such good habits broken so easily :) I bet they loved you in Sunday School. I would be terrified to teach that class.

whitney said...

I bet you did so great in GD! You always have such great insights. I'm so glad Aubrey is feeling so much better, that must've been so, so scary! As for the exercise, I totally hear ya! I never seem to get into a dedicated exercise routine b/c I know another pregnancy is probably right around the corner.

Jamie said...

I thought you did a really good job teaching SS. :)

Melanie said...

Ooh! Pick me! I would love to come consult paint chips with you, especially over hot chocolate! I'm so glad Aubrey is feeling better- her class sounds so interesting- can't wait to hear more!

Nat said...

Not TMI. :) Sympathies sister! Also, if no one else wants to, I love looking at paint chips! We could have a puppy play date!

Jill said...

Yay! Glad she's feeling better!! Hopefully we can get together for a playdate soon!

Lloyd said...

Glad she is feeling better! We (I) are always available to come over for a blessing if you need me!

Lloyd

P.S. you did a great job with GD!