Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Blessed

I don't really know why, but all day long today I have just been feeling so blessed.  So happy.  I look around me and all I can see are things that make me feel thankful for this life.  Some of the little things include...

Aubrey's friends in her toddler class.  Especially sweet little Austin who lets Aubrey hold his hand and hug him whenever she wants.  Which is a lot.

Funny, flirty two sentence emails from my husband.  He makes me laugh so hard.

Aubrey learning how to climb up into her car seat all by herself.  My back thanks her.

Aubrey going to bed without a peep.  Two nights in a row.  A miracle, I tell you!

Stella is finally done having the trots in my kitchen.  Oh happy day!

Bare Naked granola and organic lowfat vanilla yogurt.  Yum.

Some of the bigger things...

Friends and neighbors who are willing to watch Aubrey now and then when I find myself in a pinch (thanks to Briton and Jill who have helped most recently!)

A great date with my husband yesterday.  And an awesome mother in law who gives so much time for her kids and grand kids.  Thanks Jan.  A whole big bunch.

This body of mine that does things like 15 push-ups when I make it.  Heaven knows it isn't perfect...but it is healthy, and getting healthier all the time.

Answers to prayers.  It's for real.

This beautiful little family of mine.  I cannot imagine anyone I would rather spend my days and nights with.  I am so so lucky.

4 comments:

Kika VilaNova said...

Your posts are always, ALWAYS so inspiring! It is so good to count our blessings, thank you for reminding me to count mine.

And that Aubrey.... gorgeous! :)

Hoenes Family said...

Those are all such great things. What a good idea to write them down. I am so glad you are surrounded by great people who in turn are lucky to have you their lives.

Jill said...

Great post! And you're welcome for the help, we loved it!! Aubrey is so much fun to have around. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful. I need it right now...

whitney said...

yay! for another inspiring post. Your blog makes me happy, Megan :)