Saturday, October 10, 2009

Families

I have sat down in front of the computer at least 4 times this week in an attempt to write here on this blog, but for some reason (or many reasons) nothing has come. At least nothing that I felt was worth writing.

I considered writing a clever post about that fact that Stella is in heat because we waited too long to get her fixed, and now I am spending an unfortunate amount of time cleaning puppy blood off of the kitchen floor.

I thought long and hard about writing a post detailing the results of Aubrey's genetic testing, and how we feel about it. (p.s. everything came back normal!)

I also thought about sharing the story of an adventure Aubrey and I had at the Library a few days ago. Or about how we did not hike the grand canyon this week, as was planned.

Which brings me to the real reason that writing has not come easily this week. Last week Matt's sister gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Her birth was miraculous. She was with us here on earth for 7 days. And for those 7 days we prayed, and fasted, and gave thanks to God for allowing this sweet girl to be a part of our family. Then we gathered together in her final moments and said goodbye.

This isn't the place to share the feelings and details of that day, but I will say this. We have a kind and loving Heavenly Father. And in the deepest and darkest of moments in this life, it is possible to feel his arms wrap around us and lift us up. How blessed we are to know that families are eternal. It is true, and we are so thankful.

6 comments:

Eliza said...

It is true, even amidst the darkest clouds Heavenly Father sends that silver lining or little rainbow to help lift us up. I first learned that personally when I was a sophomore in high school and my two month old nephew was put on life support after his heart unexpectedly gave out and then he died 4 days later.

Your whole family, especially Matt's sister, will be in my prayers.

Hoenes Family said...

Megan, you are so good at writing your feelings on paper and having them flow and make perfect sense. I am sorry for you families loss. I am glad to know that you have felt some comfort and I will pray that you guys continually have that feeling.

whitney said...

Thank heavens for small blessings and silver linings.

You have such a way with words, Megan. I love how you manage to always bring the eternal into the everyday.

WRYUN said...

Puppies bleed?? Another reason why I am so not an animal person. I was so impressed by Matt's testimony today. He got me all teared up, but I'm glad he shared what he did. It really stuck in my mind. We are so sorry for your family's loss. Luckily, time will heal, and blessings will flow. And yay for Aubrey's test!!!!! So, what happens now?

Melanie said...

The title of your blog on my reader is still the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thank you for sharing a little bit of each- I've been thinking of you, and now especially I hope you're doing well. I miss you guys!

Lars said...

What a week of experiences. Our thoughts and prayers for your family and all that know & love Matt's sister and her sweet baby girl. Those harrowing moments are often the most sacred. I appreciate both of you sharing what you have.