It is summer! We have been loving the warm days, the beautiful long evenings, and all of the sunshine. We've started making plans for the 4th of July (which happens to be my favorite holiday of ALL time!), and I can't wait for parties, grilling, swimming, fireworks, hiking, and a parade!
Last week Aubrey had a pretty bad case of diarrhea. My visiting teacher and a friend had to help me out with a diaper situation (note to self: generic diapers are cheaper for a reason. huggies are a smart investment), so thanks again Trish and Briton! Aubrey is currently cutting some molars (I've suspected for a while, but finally saw the evidence today). She seems to be alright, other than being super clingy.
My brother is in town from Seattle right now, and my Grandma and Grandpa from Indiana are also visiting right now. It's been so great to be with everyone. We all got together yesterday and had a nice time, and we will all be together again tomorrow attending the temple open house. I love my family! My awesome grandpa has been printing off my blog posts with pictures and everything, and put them all together in binders for me. He brought me 4 or 5 binders full of my blog posts, all in order and indexed! It is one of the most thoughtful gifts anyone has ever given me, and I almost cried when he handed them all over. This blog is so important to me, and now I actually have a hard copy!
Our garden seems to be coming back to life a little bit. After all those rain storms we thought it was a lost cause for a while, but things seem to be perking up again now that the sun is shining. I don't think we'll have an overabundance of produce, but we should get something out of it! Oh well. This is our first garden ever, so I guess we have a lot of learning to do. Next years will be even better, right?
I feel like I never write about Matt! He is doing amazing. He just took his LEED (Leadership in Environmental and Energy Design) certification test on Saturday, and passed! I'm so proud of him. He spent A LOT of time studying for this test, and worked really hard at memorizing all of the information. He really loves his job, and I love that he is always trying to learn more and improve in his career. I am always amazed at his motivation and work ethic...he is such a great example to me.
As for me...I am doing just fine. I'm still working out, and getting more and more excited for my big hike this fall. I've had a major case of "I-just-gotta-get-outta-here" syndrome lately. It just happens from time to time. I love to travel, and every once in a while I just get bit by the bug and start itching to hop on a plane and bust this joint. Matt and I often have these wishful conversations where we talk about all the places we want to go and things we want to do. He always reminds me that there is a time and season...and this isn't the time or the season for jet-setting, but someday it will be. And someday it will be easier to travel with Aubrey!
Well, there is my update. It's getting late. Nighty night.

No comments:
Post a Comment