Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mom


Dear Mom,

I hate Mother's Day. I know you understand, because we've talked about it before. But despite my distaste for the holiday, I am really quite fond of you...as a matter of fact I may just be your number one fan! So I hope this letter will help your day feel special.

I know that it is common for us moms to feel unappreciated. we stay home, we cook and clean, run errands, cultivate little minds, facilitate spiritual growth, and do all this on top of sustaining relationships, fulfilling callings, and keeping our sanity. So much of what mother's do goes unnoticed.

So today I think I would like to say thank you for some things. Because there is nothing like becoming a mother, to help you understand your own mother.

Thank you for...

-showing me how to make a meal plan
-not giving up on me during those bratty teenage years
-showing me what it looks like to be a loving wife
-always keeping our house clean and organized
-rescuing me during my darkest and scariest times as a new mother with a special child
-showing me how to make meatloaf (Matt is thankful for that one too...)
-buying me the prom dress of my dreams even though it was too expensive and immodest:)
-having such a special relationship with my baby
-respecting me as a women and mother, while still loving me like I'm your baby.
-always fulfilling your callings and church responsibilities 100%
-going to the temple
-talking to me on the phone...almost daily
-being my best friend.

Most people are upset or unnerved to find that they are more and more like their mothers the older they get. Not me. I hope to be more like you all of the time.

I love you lots.