I don't know why I am still up right now, because man am I tired! But here I am. It's been a while since I've blogged so I thought I would just write about what we've been up to around here.
Aubrey has been really fun lately. While we were away she got spoiled with a capital S by my parents, and they took her on several walks a day. Now whenever Aubrey sees her stroller she goes nuts. And if I say, no we can't go for a walk right now she starts crying so hard! A few days ago we had taken an evening walk and instead of putting the stroller away when we got home I just folded it up and left it by the front door. Well, it didn't get put away before we went to bed, and when we came downstairs early the next morning and she saw it, she thought we were going for a walk in our pajamas! When I put it away in the hall closet and told her we would go later she went ballistic. I have seriously never seen that girl so sad before! The same thing happened today. We went for a walk together as a family, and when we got home and took her out of the stroller she cried and cried and cried. She loves to be outside, and she loves to go.
If only we could get her to show the same love for actually walking, instead of being pushed in a stroller! Aubrey has been a royal stinker for physical therapy lately. She has caught on to all of our tricks, and she is not having any of it. It's gotten to the point that our P.T. Julie has decided to come weekly (instead of every other week) until we can get her over this stage of resistance. And I'll tell you what...that Julie is a saint. She cares so much about Aubrey that at our appointment last week she got emotional and teared up a little when I expressed my feelings of frustration about the whole situation. She is one of my personal heroes and one of Aubrey's greatest advocates.
Matt has been ridiculously busy at work lately, but he still really loves it. They also just got a new intern, so we're hoping that will help lessen his workload and stress a bit. I have been busy also with my calling in Young Women's. Our youth are participating in a Temple Dedication celebration for the upcoming Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication. They are performing at the conference center downtown with thousands and thousands of other youth in the area. It is the largest performance to ever take place in the conference center, and I am so excited that our youth get to be a part of it. It is going to be so neat, but needless to say it has been a lot of work! Wednesday night rehearsals, Saturday trips downtown...and now we are starting to rehearse on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:45 pm until 9:00 pm. So it has been kind of crazy, but also kind of fun. I'll be excited when it's done and I can have my evenings back. I miss going to the gym every night!
Also, I am hosting a party this Thursday for my friend who sells accessories like shoes, bags, jewelry, belts, etc. I am really excited. Some of my friends that I haven't seen for a long time are coming, and I just think it's going to be a really fun night. If I haven't already told you about the party and you are interested and want more info, just let me know! You can also look here to see some of the things that my friend bought before she became a "stylist".
Alright, I am fading fast. Goodnight!
1 comment:
Wow, that is a TON of work for the young women's. I think I would be stressed. Okay, I know I would be stressed. Sounds like really neat thing to be a part of. I am glad that Aubrey loves being outside so much! Not glad that she throws a tantrum. That is never fun!
Post a Comment