We had such a great time in St. George this weekend, and it went SO fast! We've already decided that next year we may need to extend it by another day:)
We left on Friday morning after my mom got here. I am a firm believer that getting there is half the fun. Matt and I have a lot of fun talking, laughing, listening to music, dancing in the car, etc. Once we got there we checked into the hotel and immediately headed out to the pool to swim, sit in the hot tub, and catch some rays. Then after we changed and made our dinner reservations we headed out on the town. We walked around the temple grounds, walked through some art galleries and shops, and visited a jewelry store where I dropped hints about possible anniversary gifts:)
We had dinner at The Painted Pony, which was amazing! The food and atmosphere were both perfect. Then we changed again to go hike around the narrows. It was evening, and there were some huge dark clouds in the sky, but it never rained. It was the perfect temperature and so beautiful. After that we got some Nielsen's Frozen Custard, and went back to the hotel.
Saturday after breakfast we went and got a couple's massage. Pure heaven. We did a little shopping at the outlets, ate at the new In 'n Out Burger, and took a nice afternoon nap. Later that evening we went to an old car show they were having down town. After that we saw that a little festival was happening in a nearby park, so we went over to check it out. They had live music, food, and all kinds of stands. There were even two contestants from this season's Biggest Loser! It was great fun. After we got some dinner we sat in the hot tub again, then headed out to see the new movie State of Play...which was really good.
Sunday we left after breakfast, and took the scenic route home. We were hoping to be able to make a stop at the Cedar Breaks, but the road to the summit was still closed for the season. We had a great time driving through small town Utah, but were anxious to get home to our little Aubrey. She did so great with my Mom and Dad, and we were so happy to see her again. This weekend was just what we needed!
Pat yourself of the back if you made it through this long travelogue! Scroll down for pictures.
5 comments:
I love everything you had to say. I am so jealous! Good for you getting some alone time. You totally deserve it. I love In 'n Out Burger. We have plenty of them here in Arizona! LOVE the biggest loser. I would have been too scared to ask for a picture with them too. Glad you guys had a fun time. You look great Megora.
Sounds like a great weekend!!! They always seem to go by so fast though, even though you always want to get home to the babies. P.S. when we saw you tonight, you had on the most adorable shoes! Can I ask where you got them?
I made it through! Just kidding, it was fun to read what you did. It makes me want a vacation!
Sounds amazing. Dan and I don't even have kids but a road trip just by ourselves would be awesome.
What a great trip! I am so with you that every couple needs a little getaway every once in a while. It's just that you actually walk the walk. :) Maybe one day for us! I'm glad you guys had so much fun. And the poem below from your dad is classic!
Post a Comment