Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunny Days

I usually don't let it be this long between posts...but for some reason I just haven't been very inspired to write lately. Our camera isn't functioning right now either, so I don't have any new pictures to post. But we are all doing really well. Life has been so peaceful this last week.

Aubrey is a happy girl. She has started using her voice a bit more...which is always wonderful. She isn't showing much interest in walking these days, but I know she will come around eventually. This week she learned how to open all the doors in the house. She had a ball emptying the linen closet the other day. Unfortunately for her, I had to ruin all the fun and get some child-proof door knob covers.

We discovered a fabulous new park in the community while we were going on a bike ride. We sent Aubrey down the slide by herself for the very first time, and she was in heaven. Every time she came down I would catch her, and then she would start trying to jump out of my arms and into Matt's so he would take her back up to the top again. It's so wonderful to see her have a desire to really play the way a child should. She also discovered sand for the first time. She had her learning face on while she shoved her hands in and out of the sand, dug around, tasted it, and felt in run through her fingers. I wish we had caught it on camera. I love her learning face. When we left the park she was so dirty...just like she should be. I loved it. She is growing up.

The sunny skies and warm weather make everything seem a bit more magical. Just like the first snow of the season makes everything fresh and new. If I'm not blogging much lately, it will be because I'm soaking up the sun and enjoying all the fun that is to be had with my girl during the warm days.

2 comments:

WRYUN said...

Hey, this is Jill from YW in your ward. (the new mia maids advisor) I saw your blog on Somer's and checked it out, hope that's ok. Your little girl is so freaking cute!! Hopefully we can get to know each other better and hang out sometime! Feel free to check out my blog too!

Kathryn Cooper said...

I love finding new parks. And squishing sand between my hands and toes is a relaxing thing. Love it.