Thursday, November 6, 2008

Let It Snow


Yesterday morning I was still asleep when Matt came to kiss me goodbye before he left for work. As usual I asked him to stay with me a little longer, and he said "I don't have much time. I have to go clean off the car. It snowed!"

At that I hopped right out of bed and ran to the window. Sure enough, there was a fresh blanket of powdery white snow on the ground and in the trees. I was so excited that I couldn't go back to sleep.

The first real snowfall of the season is one of my most favorite things. It is so fun to wake up and see that the world has been transformed into something new. To me it really signals the changing of seasons...and a new phase of the year. It makes everything feel magical and fresh.

So I began the morning by making some hot chocolate, and sitting down in front of the computer to look for winter coats for Aubrey. After Aubrey woke up and we ate breakfast, we went shopping for a winter coat and hats, and then we went Christmas shopping!

And don't think that I wasn't listening to Christmas music all the live long day. Because I was. Good old KOSY 106.5 never lets me down. (Yes, I am one of those people)

As we were driving home from Old Navy, with snow still falling all around, Josh Groban's version of Oh Holy Night came on the radio. And it was all I could do to keep from tearing up. I LOVE this time of year so much. So if you run in to me somewhere and I have a goofy grin on my face...that is why.

5 comments:

beapinkal said...

Oh my dear friend Megan!You just said what i felt yesterday all day long! I loved the snow and I put about a hundred of Christmas music to my IPod so i can listen to them all day long:) Couple of friends of mine sayed that i'm nuts because it's just the begenning of november and Christmas music it's too early. But whatever they say I love this season and the Christmas spirit in my home. So yay for snow and winter time:)

Mrs. S said...

I heard that same song on the radio today. I love that song too! Miss you guys...

Eliza said...

Ssshhh... don't tell Paul but I listened to Christmas music all day yesterday until right before he came home from school. He thinks I'm crazy when I listen to it this early. :-D

Hoenes Family said...

I love your posts Megora. You never cease to make me smile.

Lauren Davison said...

I have been looking forward to Christmas since the beginning of OCTOBER! Okay, so probably even before that, but shhh! :) I love it! And Kirby and I have Kosy and FM100 programmed into our car stereo, just for Christmastime. :)