Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Good Things

-Aubrey is getting SO close to walking. Today at therapy she was really mad at the therapist. She hadn't napped well earlier, so she was extra cranky and defiant. We were working on balancing exercises, and Aubrey was crying and wanted me. I was too far away for her to just "fall" on me...so she just took two steps on her own to get to me! She wasn't even holding on to anything! We were so happy that Julie, Aubrey and I all shared a group hug. And happily enough, we were able to get Aubrey to do it again a few more times throughout the session. I'm very proud of her. Julie said she thinks that within the next 3 weeks Aubrey should start taking 6-7 steps independently. We're very happy about this.

-General Conference weekend was fantastic. I was still a bit under the weather on Saturday, but I felt much much better on Sunday. I was surprised how much of conference I was able to listen to, considering Aubrey has a microscopic attention span. But she was so good. She played happily on the floor while we watched, and every time the choir sang she would wave her arms around and laugh like she was directing the choir. I think it was a real blessing to be able to focus and really listen to the talks, because so many of them spoke to my heart in a personal and much needed way.

-Now that I am healthy again I've been able to get back to the gym. What a relief! I feel so much better and sleep so much better on the days that I can go and work out. I'm really taking it seriously now that I've committed to hiking the Grand Canyon this year with Matt and my father-in-law. It feels so good to actually have a motivator for getting to the gym. If I were just doing it for the sake of getting exercise it would be a lot harder...but since I really actually need to train for this hike, I feel like I actually HAVE to go. It's great.

-We are going to spend Easter with my parents and my aunt and uncle. I'm really looking forward to it. I love my mom and dad so much, and truly appreciate my relationships with them. My mom is my best friend in the whole world (besides Matt, of course), and my dad really is my rock. It should be great.

-Aubrey is going to the dentist tomorrow. I don't really know yet if I should call this a good thing, since I don't know how it will go. But I consider it a good thing that we found a dentist who has a lot of experience working on kids with special needs, who is in our insurance network, and who is all of five minutes from our house. Plus, no matter how it goes, it will be good to just get it all figured out. Right?

-I got Aubrey's Easter dress at Walmart. I don't care who you are, or how much money you have...that is a dang cute dress and it was $6. Plus I also found an adorable pink sweater to go over it...for only $6. Boo ya.

-I love John Mayer, don't you? I heard this song a long time ago on the Ghost Town soundtrack, and it has become to theme song for my life over the last few weeks. Give it a listen. It makes me happy.

-And lastly. In less then a month I will be on the road with my boyfriend (who I like to call Sancho), some tunes, and hopefully some sunshine...headed to San Gorge` for a child free weekend of fun. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are good things! and I love the Easter dress!

Erica said...

What a steal on that dress! I have been finding quite the goodies there recently :)

Rachel said...

It really is so much easier to work out when you have something you're training for.

Exuberant said...

That is so great Aubrey is almost walking! I hope all goes well at the dentist. Glad that you found a good one. I think that is great you get to go to St. George for the weekend!

Richins Family said...

hey! i finally found your blog! Aubrey is so dang cute! I really enjoyed reading everything! I even went back to some of your old posts and was inspired by your post about the things you love! I know this sounds weird but you have no idea how much I needed that uplifting feeling I got! So thanks so much! Miss you guys!