Dear Aubrey,
We have been celebrating your birthday all week. Your 2nd birthday. So far, your grandma and papa have come for dinner and gifts, we've met our besties for a girls lunch, and we had a few little friends over for cupcakes. And the celebrations aren't over yet. What a lucky little girl you are.
A few nights ago your daddy and I stayed up late looking through old photos of you. We marveled at how fast you've grown. We were stunned by all the new things you've learned. We laughed at silly videos of you at the pool last summer.
Do you know how much you are loved? Sometimes at night, after you are already in bed, we just sit and talk about you. We'll laugh at how loud you burped at dinner, or how fast you crawl when you are headed to something you shouldn't have. These conversations always end with your daddy saying "Man, I love that little girl."
As I sat in a meeting for young women's tonight, discussing the needs of the girls in this ward, I couldn't help but think of you. I had to wonder to myself...what would the world be like for you in ten years when it's your turn? Different, for sure. Harder, no doubt.
But rest assured, dear Aubrey. Never was there are girl more loved then you. Two years have come and gone so quickly, but the best is yet to come.
I just know it.
Mom
5 comments:
That was so sweet. What a treasure she'll have when she's older to have this tender letter to look back on and read.
Happy birthday Aubrey!
What a sweet blog you have! Adorable!
That's a great idea, to write your daughter a letter. I might need to copy you! Happy birthday Aubrey!
I love your letters to Aubrey. They are so sweet. By the way, our blog is public again!
Your love for your little girl is a true inspiration. There should be more moms in the world like YOU!
hugs!
Post a Comment