Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Rundown

So, now that the fog of last week has lifted (and not a moment too soon!) I just want to say thanks for all of my mommy and non-mommy friends understanding comments. Virtual hugs to you all!

This weekend was just what the doctor ordered. Aubrey went to bed nice and early on Friday night, and then Matt and I ordered Chinese food and caught up on some of the shows we has missed during the week. (Did I mention we finally got a new computer? Oh, it is so nice to watch t.v. shows online!) Then we stayed up nice and late just talking about life, and the future, etc. It was so wonderful. Matt really is my favorite person ever:)

On Saturday we spent a good portion of the day catching up on some things around the house. We like to tag team so one person cleans while the other entertains Aubrey. At one point I left and went to the Library with Aubrey and when we came back Matt had cleaned and organized the laundry room, and was even cleaning out the junk drawer. Seriously! Favorite. Person. Ever.

Later that evening Matt's folks came over and sat with Aubrey so we could go on a date. We decided we would go and see Slumdog Millionaire. Now, as a rule we generally don't watch rated R movies...let alone pay $18 to see one in the theater. But a very reliable source highly recommended it to us, so we decided to take a chance on it. And I have to say, I don't regret it for even one second. It was probably the best movie I have ever seen in my life. I moved me and Matt so much, that we were both still talking about it all day yesterday. I left the theater feeling inspired and so blessed.

Sunday was good also. Aubrey still isn't a fan of nursery, but her special helper is certainly a fan of her, and she makes such a huge difference for our church experience (thanks Erica!). After church we went to Matt's parents house for Sunday dinner with the whole family, and had a delightful time. Aubrey loves to explore their house, open and close all the cupboards, and watch all of her rambunctious cousins run around. We're so glad we have family close by.

Then of course we came home, put Aubrey to bed, and watched the Oscars. It was so fun to watch Slumdog Millionaire sweep the show and take home the Oscar for best picture. Of course it was the only movie we saw out of the entire category...but we were still happy they won!

And now I am off to charge the camera battery, because I haven't posted any pictures for a really long time!

4 comments:

Erica said...

I can't tell you how many times I think of dear Aubrey. I feel like she blesses me far more than the other way around. Her eyes! Like looking into an ocean of love.

Kika VilaNova said...

I really want to see that movie too! Can't wait! So many people have told me it's the best movie ever! maybe I will watch it this week, I have a cinemark gift card that could be used for that:)

and I am so glad you had a great weekend!!

hugs!!

Rachel said...

A little while ago I saw a preview for Slumdog Millionaire and I really wanted to see it. I looked everywhere to see if it was playing anywhere or if it could be rented and I couldn't find it. I looked it up online and was disappointed to find out it was rated R. Then I found out it had been nominated for best picture, and now it's in theaters. Maybe I'll have to go see it.

whitney said...

I'm so sorry last week was horrid. At least it sounds like this weekend really made life bearable. yay! yay! for fabulous husbands!

ps-my kids get never-ending colds too. They bite.