What have I been up to lately? Nothing to pleasant, to be honest.
Aubrey has been sick for....oh, I don't even know anymore. The whole month of February? That sounds right.
You may be wondering about the walking progress. None. Aubrey has discovered the idea of jell-o legs and has mastered giving up before she's even begun. SO incredibly frustrating.
Also, Aubrey has begun making herself throw-up as a behavioral thing. If we are eating and she doesn't like something or doesn't feel like eating, she will gag herself until she pukes. So, she either gags all through dinner or we don't feed her. What would you do? Because after the 2nd puke...I'm done.
And, the best day of the week for me is Wednesday. Because it means I have mutual, and can get the HECK out of here. Wednesday was extra wonderful because we took the girls to the Draper Temple open house, so I got to leave early and let Matt feed Aubrey dinner and put her to bed. It was the best day ever. Is that awful? It feels awful.
Oh, and I cried so much yesterday that I could barely get my eyes open when I woke up this morning.
Also, Aubrey is so freaking attached to me that she spends the entire day following me around the house, grabbing my legs, and whining. My nerves are shot. Today I was taking her to the doctor...and determined to at least brush my teeth and put on some makeup without her near me. So I closed the door to my room, and she sat outside it and cried while sticking her fingers under the door for 10 minutes.
Then I spent and hour of time and a $25 dollar co-pay for the doctor to tell me that Aubrey just has a cold. A never-ending cold.
Please bless that February will be over soon.
*end of rant.
11 comments:
i love you for being honest about how motherhood is not always a walk in the park. i feel like it's so important for moms to tell the truth--sometimes it's frustrating! sometimes it's heartbreaking! sometimes it's just too much!-- because then, when we're being honest with each other, we can really know that we're not alone.
and you're not.
You're not alone. Being a mother is the most diffiicult job ever. Talk about testing patience. You are a good mother. I love to read your blog. I am sure one day Aubrey will join you in inspiring others.
Dear Megan,
I felt every word you posted. My kids've been sick in the past four weeks and they never got better yet. I took them to the doctor today because Bence had a 102 fever yesterday and his ears were hurting. So:
You shouldn't feel bad and awful because it was good to get out and leave your sweet little one at home. When Daryl went to Colorado and took Bence with him it was so so so good to be able to sleep a little longer. Even if I had Akos with me. I know how it is when you just feel it's too much sometimes. You're not alone. I'm sure every mom feels this what we feel - because to be honest being a mother is a biggest thing in our life. You know I have days when I could just yell because it is too much. So don't feel bad! You're doing great!
Megan, I don't know what to say because I have never been on your shoes. I wish I could give you a hug and go over to stay with Aubrey a little while you take a well deserved break. Through reading your blog, I've told you many times, you are an inspiration, an extremely strong woman! I am sure I am not the only one who admires you, a LOT!
Hugs hugs hugs!
Oh Megan - the sick thing - we feel ya on that! I'm so sorry for all that you are going through and I'm sure there's a bright light at the end of the tunnel - but can I say how nice it is to hear someone else say how frustrated and annoyed they are and how happy they are to get away from their child sometimes. I feel exactly the same way sometimes!!! It's good to get out and get away and I hope that you can do it some more this week - it helps :)
I've been sick for about two weeks now and it feels forever so I can totally relate. That is no fun. Good luck with everything, I hope Aubrey gets better soon.
Wow! not fun. The puke thing alone would make me wanna puke and we would have a whole puking table.
Yuck, yuck, and yuck. At least February is a short month, right? Hang in there!
Yuck, yuck, and yuck. At least February is a short month, right? Hang in there!
Well, I posted two comments, so why not three?! Silly blogger... any chance a visit or get together at Ikea this week or next would help?
Being a mother is tough. (PERIOD!) Hyrum is going through the whole attachment phase right now too and I can't STAND when he is just pulling at my legs all day long. I feel ya! Just remember that you are an excellent mother!!
Post a Comment