Monday, February 16, 2009

Taking It Easy

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like their kids are constantly sick during the winter? It seems like just as soon as Aubrey has recovered from a cold, I can give it about a week and a half until she comes down with something else.

Currently Aubrey is sick with what I thought was a harmless cold. Only problem is that I keep expecting it to get better, and every day it just gets worse. She went from a simple sneezy, runny nose to a fountain running nose, sneezing, watery eyes, and a rattling cough. The poor thing can't sleep well because she can't breathe through her nose at all...which means no sucking her fingers (her self-soothing method of choice). Which means long nights and days for us both.

So here it is 2:32 pm. We just got out of a 20 minute bubble bath, taken together in my big tub with my fancy bubbles. I blew bubbles for Aubrey, she popped them, we sang songs, we splashed each other, and Aubrey explored all the bottles and potions kept in mine and Matt's bathroom. We dried off and put our pajamas back on. Aubrey is in her room terrorizing her books, and I am relaxing in front of the computer. Up next...Robin Hood the cartoon.

Days like today make me feel so blessed to be a stay-at-home mom.

6 comments:

Lauren Davison said...

I love bubble baths! :)

Hoenes Family said...

It is not just you. Kenzi was ALWAYS sick in the winter when we lived in Utah. She still gets sick here, but not as frequent. You are such a good mommy. I hope Bree gets better soon!

Hoenes Family said...

I mean Aubrey, not Bree. Or do you call her Bree? Sorry if I got her name wrong!

Kika VilaNova said...

aw I hope she gets better soon!!!

:)

hugs!!

Megan said...

Kali, I guess that can be kind of confusing...but we call her both Aubrey and Bree. So both work!

Rachel said...

I feel your pain, only because I just got sick again with something else after being sick last week. Sickness is the pits.