Monday, February 2, 2009

Randomness of Life

I've been meaning to blog for a while, but for some reason I can't really get my thoughts together into something cohesive right now. She here is a list of random happenings.

-This weekend Matt and I went to the open house for the Draper Temple, while my parents Watched Aubrey. It is absolutely beautiful! If you live close by I hope you get the chance to see it.

-Today I was letting Aubrey play with my phone to keep her happy during her cranky time (right before Matt gets home). I left the room for a second to do something, and when I came back she was one the phone with Matt. Seriously. Somehow she had hit the right button, called him, and had the phone on speaker. He realized that she must have called him when he didn't hear any talking, and he started talking to her. She was holding the phone up to her ear and listening. It was the cutest/ funniest thing!

-We are currently working on teaching Aubrey how to stand up balancing, without holding on to anything. The past few days she has gotten really good at it, and I've gotten her to balance for about 4 or 5 seconds! Another skill she is trying to master is blowing kisses.

-Aubrey has mastered the cruising. She can go all the way around the ottoman, and turn from the ottoman and face the couch. She is doing so good!

-Tonight I booked a hotel for our spring getaway. I am so excited that I want to start packing right now. Too bad it isn't spring yet! I guess it will give me a few months to get ready for a swimsuit. *Shudder*

-Today I got really annoyed that I couldn't put my hair in a ponytail. It may be time to grow it again.

-A few days ago I contemplated becoming a vegan. Then I made BLT's for dinner, and decided that it must have been a moment of temporary insanity.

-I have been a little disappointed in The Office as of late. However, last nights special 1 hour episode after the Super Bowl completely restored my faith. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

-Aubrey's birthday is a little more than a month away, and I have no idea what to do for it. She really could care less about most toys, and doesn't like lots of commotion. But I want to make it special. I guess I still need to think about it some more.

-I'm looking for a new book to read. Any suggestions? I'll be going to the Library on Wednesday.

The End

5 comments:

Eliza said...

"Boom. Roasted" Yes, that episode of The Office was awesome!

I just finished reading the Marvelous Journey Home and enjoyed it...

and that's so cute that Aubrey called her daddy!

Melanie said...

Okay, first off, why are you blogging at 2 AM?!? I like all of your randomness, and I'm so excited for Aubrey! Can you get a video of her cruising? I'd love to see it!

I just finished reading Knit Too, the sequal to the Friday Night Knitting Club. I didn't enjoy it as much as the first (read: no crying) but it was still fun to 'catch up' on the lives of the characters.

Megan said...

I wasn't blogging at 2 am! I think I posted this around 11:45:)

Anonymous said...

Have you read "The Secret Life of Bees?" I think you'd like it.

Katherine Ronachert said...

try having a book party. does she like books? i was always grateful when we received books as opposed to toys...
congrats on your baby girl walking!