Over the years Matt and I have fallen into an unplanned tradition of renting a movie and watching it together on Friday night. Friday night movie night. Call us boring, call us unimaginative, I don't care. I can't think of anything I would rather do at the end of a long week, than curl up on the couch with my man, a big bowl of popcorn, and escape all my worries while watching a movie. I love it.Matt's mom had been raving about the movie Ghost Town for a long time, and we finally rented it this weekend. It was hilarious! Oh man. Ricky Gervais is brilliant, and my new favorite comedian. And watching the outtakes on the DVD was almost as fun as watching the movie. I especially love watching comedies with Matt because he has such a great sense of humor and loves to laugh out loud and talk about all the funny parts when the movie is over.
In other news, Aubrey is doing great right now. Her knee has fully healed and she is up and about just like normal. This morning she pulled herself up to stand in front of this little bike she has (it's really a little riding toy with four wheels). At first I was worried because I thought she would lean on it and the wheels would turn and make her fall. What ended up happening was she pushed on the bike and as it moved forward she took steps to keep up with it!!! Oh my gosh, it was amazing! There she was holding on to the bike and walking! She only took about 4 or 5 steps before she sat down, but you better believe we were cheering like she had walked across the room. It was so fun. And I really think she is going to be ready for a walker soon.
Aubrey still isn't saying any words, but we have noticed a big increase in her "noise making". She likes to squeal and make a lot of vowel sounds to express herself, but she still isn't doing any purposeful babbling. This is getting increasingly frustrating for both her and I. She is getting more and more opinionated about her wants and needs, but she can't communicate them and I can't read her mind. Aubrey has completely stopped doing all of the signs she had learned, so we're back at square one. Although, it is common for kids to focus on one area of their development at a time, and neglect all the others. So the hope is that once Aubrey has conquered her physical development (which she is certainly concentrating on right now), she will show more interest in her language development.
One skill that Aubrey has learned with out any problems is the skill of giving love. She is so sweet, and loves to give kisses and hugs. To everyone. Even if she is not sure about a person, if she is in my arms she will lean towards them and give them a big sloppy kiss on the cheek. Then she'll bury her head in my neck like she's embarrassed. It's the cutest things ever.
I feel like we have been so busy lately. Life has been crazy, but good. This spring Matt and I are going to get away for a few days and head down south while my folks stay with Aubrey. We do it every year, and every year I look forward to it more and more. It's only January and I've already started looking for Hotels!
Life is good.
2 comments:
I watched this movie on Friday night too and loved it! I was shocked both times the men get hit by the bus. I expected it but I yelped each time!
I haven't even heard of that movie until recently and I hear it is really great. I'll have to watch it now. And Dan and I totally watch movies every Friday night too. There's just something about Friday where you feel like you just want to sick and relax and do nothing.
Post a Comment