This morning Aubrey and I had just finished breakfast and I was watching a bit of Good Morning America while Aubrey played. They did a segment called A Civil Rights Journey. Basically it was a look back at where the country started in terms of civil rights, and how we got to where we are today...about the swear in the first African American President. When it was over I was sitting on the living room floor with tears streaming down my face. Please take a minute to watch the video.
I am so excited about the inauguration tomorrow. I'm excited for what this will mean for our country, and I wish I could be there and be a part of it all.
Happy Martin Luther King Day.
2 comments:
That was very touching... I just had to share it on my blog too. Thank you.
You are such a darling family and yeah for getting away- that will be fun! I've been thinking about you a lot lately and what a strong woman you are. Love your guts!!! Bree is beautiful and it's ok to wine a little. :) We all do it!
Post a Comment