But today I whined a little.
Lately I find myself saying the same phrases over and over again. Aubrey, we are not going upstairs right now. Aubrey, the toilet it not for playing with. Aubrey, don't pull things out of the trash, that's yucky. Aubrey please leave the door open. Aubrey please stay here. Aubrey, where are you? Etc.
So I whined a little. I whined about not doing my hair for 4 days straight because I can't keep her contained long enough. I complained because she follows me around the house to undo what I've done. I complained because she follows me everywhere I go...even if it's just to the bathroom.
Then I took a breath.
And I realized just how far she's come. When we moved here 7 months ago Aubrey couldn't even get herself into a sitting position. She still played on her back most of the time. Since then she has learned how to get herself into the sitting position, she started scooting. She started crawling, she learned how to pull herself up to stand, and now she is learning how to cruise around furniture. And more importantly, she has gained the curiosity it takes to learn about the world around her.
So, I may still have a few of these days here and there. I may feel tired of chasing. I may not get my hair done or wear any makeup. I may not have a spotless house, or private time. But I've got a girl that loves to be with me. I've got a girl that loves to explore.
I've got it pretty good.
3 comments:
I think its okay to whine a little. It is exhausting and aggravating when everything you do gets undone and you don't have time to even look nice. Max and I usually talk about how great our kids our when they are asleep. By the way this and the comment on your last post were by me, Katie, I'm just on Max's computer and forgot to sign in under my name.
I love your perspective on life. Thanks for sharing.
I think your repetitive phrases are great! You seem to have a good handle on the right way to speak to your little girl. I however am working on that. I didn't realize how much I say "Don't" until Kenzi started saying it 24/7. Working on it.
I am so glad Bree has come so far! You guys are such great parents and stay so involved, that is a wonderful thing.
Post a Comment